Chapter 89- The plan

Flynn P.O.V:

I sat on the floor trying to scrub the paint off of it. I dipped the sponge in the bucket and continued to scrub the wooden floor. I heard the bell ring and wiped the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand. I got up and walked down the stairs, opening the door.

A lady turned around and looked at me. "Hi..I'm- uhm..Eva's mother."

I tried not to look angry. "My parents aren't here. You can probably come back later on today." I started to close the door but she stopped me.

"I'm here to talk to you."

I looked at her.

"I know this might sound weird but..I don't believe my daughter. She's manipulative and when she doesn't get what she wants she finds a way to torture people. I wanted to talk to Harley and hear her side of everything because I don't trust my daughter."

"Wow...You must be a really disappointed parent. You can't even believe your own daughter." I started to close the door again.

"Flynn, please. My daughter needs to learn that stupid ways don't go unpunished. Let me help you. "

"You can't help me. Do you see my face?,"I pointed at me black eye. "This is what your daughter caused. And knowing the people here, even if they find out that she lied most of them will treat me like a criminal anyway." Because of the accusations against my dad by mother of course.

"At least let me hear why she's doing this to you. Eva wouldn't just do that to someone. They have to do something to her first."

"She likes Harley...my girlfriend."

"Wait..Isn't she Eva's girlfriend?"

I sighed.

* * *
I explained everything to Mrs. Carter and she seemed a bit confused.

"So, Eva and Harley were pretending to date so Eva could be popular?"

I nodded.

"Wow..kids now our days are just foolish."

I shrugged. She was kinda right. I mean look at her daughter for instance.

"I was told that she changed after she got attention,"I folded my arms. "Is that true? I'm mean...cause you did say she's been manipulative."

"She's always been that way. She just never acted up in public. Her father was a bit if a conartist and she seems to be following his idiotic ways. I know she's a good girl. She's just never been caught and I want her to. She needs to see that her actions have consequences. Has Harley spoken to her since?"

"I don't think so..." It clicked to me. Heather had a point when she said Harley should play along. "My parents are going to be home soon. If you wanna talk to them-"

"It's fine. I've got stuff to do at home. Me and Eva need to have a talk-"

"Wait, how about you not tell her you talked to me."

"What do you mean?"

"I think we should let her get her way for a while."

"I'm guessing you have a plan?"

"Yep. I do,"I smirked.

"Alright, Flynn. Well good luck with that. Really..good luck."