Chapter 10- Beautiful Smile

I'm going to start putting the titles on the chapters.  I kinda forgot to. Forgetful me ^.^ Sorry. I'm also editing and republishing chapters. So your notifications might blow up I bit.

   I sat with folded arms. Everyone was walking out of the classroom. Flynn turned around and looked at me.

"Are you and May like...really close?,"he squinted at me.

"What?,"I leaned foward, resting my elbows on the desk,"You like her or something?"

"No..Well, she's cool, but I like someone else,"he looked at me with dazed eyes, trying to send me the hint.

"Yeah, we're close. Why?"

"You guys don't keep anything from each other?"

"Oh, I keep things from her, but she tells me everything."

"Why?"

"Because she's a normal girl, and normal girls are stupid."

"So, you're not a girl?"

"I'm a girl. I'm just not a normal one."

He chuckled, then smirked.

"Why'd you ask about her?"

"I just noticed how close you guys are....I've never had anyone like that."

"You're girlfriend?"

"She doesn't really..listen to me talk. She mostly talks about herself."

"See? She's a normal girl."

He chuckled again.

May walked into the classroom with the crutches. "I've gotta run to class. You should come take these." She seemed upset about something.

"Oh yeah,"Flynn got up and walked over to her.

She walked away.

He walked back over to me with the crutches. "I've got a free period."

"So do I,"I sighed.

"Do you..wanna hang out here?"

"The last time I hung out with you, you kissed me and I fell down the stairs."

He shook his head and laughed. He looked at Mr. Roberts. "Sir, can we hang out here?"

He stood up. "As long as you're studying."

I groaned.

"I'm kidding, Branson. Just don't do anything promiscuous in my classroom. I'll be in the teacher's lounge. Flynn, catch." He threw him the keys. "Lock up when you leave."

"Thank you, sir,"Flynn saluted him.

He shook his head and walked out the door.

"So," Flynn looked at me,"Sex in a classroom. Sounds fun, huh?"

"Hand me my crutches,"I squinted at him.

"I was kidding. I was kidding."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "So do you wanna braid each other's hair or-"

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, you want me to hang out with you because you're popular and friendless and need a dweeb to talk to."

"Seriously, Harley?"

"Am I lying? You're lonely inside."

He looked down.

"I wanna be a counselor..or a doctor. I'll probably end up like doctor Phil,"I giggled, but he didn't laugh.

"I guess I am lonely,"I frowned. "Everyone likes me for my looks and dirty jokes...They think I get straight "A"s because my mom has money. They don't really see the real me..They look pass that and search for what they want to find."

"And what's that?"

"A cold hearted, sex addicted class clown."

"And you're not any of those things?"

"Of course not. It's just...a mask, I guess."

"Then maybe..you can show me the real you...The real Flynn Skylar."

He looked at me. "And maybe you can do the same for me."

"What do you mean?"

"You can show me the real Harley Branson."

"I am the real Harley-"

"You're not the same girl I was in preschool with at all."

"People change for the better,"I looked away.

"And for the worse."

I looked at him.

"You weren't always dark and mysterious. You were bright and happy. Everyone loved you. You've always had this beautiful smile, and you hide it so much." He held my hand.

I didn't pull away.

He smiled at me.

I blushed and looked away. I suddenly leaned in and kissed him.

He looked surprised. "Whoa..What was that about?"

"It was just pay back,"I looked away with a smile.

He put his hand on my chin, leaned in and started kissing me. His hand slid through my hair.

The bell rang.

He stopped kissing  me and sat back. "I have art class."

"Oh..kay,"I sat there like an idiot.

He stood up and place his hands under my arms, helping me stand up. He put each crutch under my arms.

"Thanks,"I looked down, avoiding eye contact.

He held my hand, but I yanked it away. "Thank you..for listening to me. Really. I needed that."

"No problem."

He slowly leaned in again, sliding his hand through my hair and kissing me.

For some stupid reason, I kissed the prick back.

He stopped and smiled at me.

A smile spread across my face.

"You really do have a beautiful smile." He kissed me again, then handed me the key and ran off.

I was so caught up in blushing that I hadn't realize what Flynn had done. I would have to lock up the classroom and hop over to the teacher's lounge to give Mr. Roberts the key. But I didn't care. I made out ith Flynn Skyar. Good thing I had crutches because I couldn't feel my legs.