Chapter 99- Sleeping Beauty 2

Tiny WARNING. Last part might be a little graphic. I don't know. Just felt like I should warn you guys.

I sat at Harley's side, holding her cold hand. It had been days and Mrs. and Mr. Branson had to leave during the day. May had gone to school. I was alone with her, at her side. And I wasn't leaving until she got up. I kissed her hand.

"The SATs are tomorrow,"I looked at her. "That was the last thing we talked about..Studying? I still haven't picked up a book.... You were so ready....Please Harley....just wake up all ready. I need you to wake up."

Her finger twitched.

"Harley?"

She was still.

The door suddenly opened.

Eva came walking in. She looked different. Her face was pale and she had large red bags under her eyes. She stood in her normal spot, by the door.

"Hi,"she said softly.

Harley's pulse was suddenly racing. I looked at her.

"How is she?"

"She could be better,"I looked at Harley's hand.

Eva tilted her head at her. "She beautiful, isn't she? She's in a coma and she's still perfect."

I looked at Harley. "No school today?"

"I don't go anymore,"Eva looked at the floor then up at me. "Dropped out."

"Why would you do that?"

She snickered. "Everyone's asked me that exact question...I couldn't walk the hall with my lies. They're too much-"

"Then tell the truth."

"I can't. People are already joining your side-"

"Are you still talking about sides? Eva, there is no side."

"She's choosing you. Everyone is...Some of the kids at school have already put things together. They know I lied and their telling people. Then there are those who believe I pushed her."

"But you did, didn't you?"

"She fell."

"Eva. You know once Harley wakes up she'll tell the truth. You might even go to jail for attempted murder."

"Why would I-"

"You tried to frame me by putting a date rape drug in a cup of tea."

"How'd you-"

"You didn't call her mother when you went into the house...and Harley didn't make any breakfast. You went through all this trouble....Do you really love Harley or is she just something to obsess over?"

"She was kind to me...No one ever is."

"You lost her kindness when you started doing dumb things."

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"Because I get that you're crazy."

"Everyone thinks that-"

"They think that you are, but they treat you like you're a sane criminal. You're mentally disturbed and you need help."

"What if the help was me leaving?"

"Leaving? You're moving-"

"I came to say goodbye to Harley....and you. I've caused enough trouble. I think it's best if...I took May's advice."