Chapter 98- Sleeping Beauty pt. 1

Flynn P.O.V:

    I woke up to a tap on my shoulder. I quickly sat up. "Come on,"Mr. Branson whispered. I stood up, looking over at Eva. She was fast asleep. I walked with Mr. Branson, down the hallway of rooms. We stopped at a door and he opened it.

Mrs. Branson was sitting down at Harley's side with her head on her lap and May was on the couch wiping tears off her cheeks. She looked at me then quickly stood up.

I stared at Harley. She was hooked up to a ventilator. I felt like she would pull it out and sit up at any moment but by the looks of things I knew she wouldn't. 

I frowned and a tear ran down my cheek. May walked over to me and held my arm. She walked me outside and shut the door behind herself. "What's the plan?"

"What?" My voice cracked.

"What are we going to do, Flynn? I want Eva to suffer, more than Harley's suffering."

I looked at Harley through the small window. I knew her. She was in a coma but her face..she seemed to be unhappy. Her mind was struggling. I looked at May. "I don't know,"I blurted out. "I don't know what to do. I can't think with Harley....I can't do this. Everything just keeps getting worse."

"Because of Eva. When we stop her... Everything stops today!.. If you don't do something, I'll do it my freakin' self."

Eva came walking down the hallway..slowly. She folded her arms and stared at us. She frowned leaning up against the wall.

I walked over to her. "What do you want?"

"Is she okay?" she looked up at me. Her eyes sparkled.

"If I said she was dying, would that make you happy?"

"Flynn, she's not-,"May shouted but I cut her off.

"But if she was..would you be satisfied? You've done all of this to get me off your back. Because you say you're in love with her, or whatever. And then you push her down the steps-"

Eva started crying. "I wasn't going to let her fall....I love her....I don't care what happens. You can have her."

I was totally confused. What was with the sudden change of heart?

"I should've grabbed her like I planned on doing but I let her fall. I shouldn't have let her fall,"she started weeping. "I've been hating myself so long...and she was there trying to help me. I let her down."

I didn't know what to do. I looked back at May.

She was rolling her eyes. "It's just an act. Leave her alone, Flynn."

I looked at Eva.

"I'm sorry. Really, really sorry."

Come on, Flynn. Don't fall for it, don't fall for it, don't- "Uhm,"I gulped. "Do you..want..to see her?"

Eva looked up at me. "S-sure...Thank you."

I slowly put my hand on her shoulder.

May shook her head angrily stepping aside so we could enter the room.

We stood in the doorway.

Mr. and Mrs. Branson stared at Eva in disbelief.

"You brought her here?" Mr. Branson furrowed his brows at me.

I grit my teeth, trying not to reply with something stupid. Anything I said to defend myself right then and there would just be down right stupid...But I felt sorry for Eva. She was crazy. She was sick. She needed help and beating her down wouldn't help her.

She stared at Harley.

"Do you see what you've caused?" Mrs. Branson glared at Eva.

Eva looked at me. "I'm sorry." She slipped out the door.

I watched her walk away. May followed her. I shut the door and pressed my back against the wall, slowly sliding down and sitting on the floor. I buried my face in my knees. My phone had been vibrating all night. My mom and dad were calling me but I wasn't answering. I didn't wanna deal with them. My brain couldn't handle anything. All I could think about was Harley and Eva and how wicked the world was and how much pain the world caused. No one cared about each other anymore. Everyone cared about themselves. Posting pictures of other people's problems; punishing people for not returning the same feelings; scolding each other for their beliefs. The world was f***ed up. And good people were punished because of it.

I broke down. I wasn't sure how loud I was crying but I felt Mrs. Branson's arms around me. "Oh Flynn,"she sighed.

She just made it harder for me to hold back my tears.

All of this was because of me. Everything last bit of it. Who knew how long Harley would be stuck like this. Who knew how long I'd have to wait for her.

May walked back into the room. She was breathing heavily. She walked over to the couch and sat down.

I looked over at her.

She looked guilty. What did she do?