Chapter 23- Crybaby

I sat on the grass on the football field with my face buried in me knees.

"You really liked that guy,"I heard an English accent above me.

I looked up. "Hey,"I flashed a fake smile at Hayden.

He sat down beside me. "I'm sorry I didn't comfort you earlier. I just..don't know how to handle stuff like that...Flynn sure did. Why did you push him away?"

"Do we have to talk right now?,"I looked at Hayden. Tears filled my eyes again.

"No..We don't."

I laid on his shoulder. I sighed,"I can't believe he cheated on me because I wasn't sleeping with him."

"That's probably the reason he was with you in the first place. He was just a dumb prick."

"I feel like an idiot. He did it for so long."

"Forget him. He didn't deserve you, okay?"

I didn't answer him.

He held my cheeks and looked down at me. "Okay?"

"Okay."

"Let's go to class, alright?"

I nodded.

* * *

I walked into the classroom behind Hayden. I looked at Flynn. His head was on his desk. I didn't care. Whatever his problem was was none of my business.

Hayden walked over to his seat and I walked over to mine.

There was a notebook on my desk and a sticky note on it. It read: "Danny asked me to give you this." I looked at Flynn.

His head was still down.

"Flynn?,"Mr. Roberts called out to him.

He sat up. "Yeah?"

"Do you need to go to the nurse?"

"No..sir."

"Then you can sit up in my class. Am I right?"

He nodded. He suddenly started tapping his pen on the table. He started going faster then he snapped. He quickly stood up and started walking out of the classroom.

"Flynn, where are you going?,"Mr. Roberts stopped writing on the board.

"I'm taking up my offer."

"What offer?"

"I'm going to the nurse's office."

"Are you sick?"

"No."

"Then you are not going anywhere. Sit back down."

Flynn jammed the palms of his hands into his eyes, and faced the ceiling. He suddenly faced the board. "I really need to go,"I could hear the crying in his voice.

"Okay. Go."

"Thank you." He rushed out of the room.

After a few minutes of clashing my knees together and biting my pen, I raised my hand.

"Yes, Harley?,"Mr. Roberts pointed at me.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Sure."

I stood up and walked out of the classroom. I walked around the school looking for Flynn. He was nowhere to be found. I walked out into the school parking lot and looked for his car. He was in it. I ran over to it and knocked the window. "Flynn, are you okay?,"I looked at him.

He looked at me with tears and red eyes.

I opened the car door and got in. "Flynn, what's wrong?"

He slammed his hand against the steering wheel and broke down. "I'm crying like an idiot,"he looked out the window.

"You're not..an idiot..You are crying like one."

He shook his head. His body shook as he cried.

"Flynn look at me."

"No,"he put his head on the glass. "God,"he put his thumb and pointing finger between his eyes. "I'm such a cry baby."

That was one of his nicknames when we were growing up. Flynn was known for being a softy..another one of his nicknames. He cried for everything. Expecially after his parents divorced.

I put my hand on his back. "Are you crying because of what I said?"

"No,"he lied.

"Well, I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was just really mad. I want you around me."

"Sure you do,"he wiped his cheek with the back of his hand. "Everyone says that, when they actually don't."

I frowned. "I don't like seeing you cry." For some reason I felt like crying with him. "Please stop."

"I just wanna go home."

"Well we can't go....but we can stay here."

"We,"he looked at me.

"Yeah..We...Bff,"I punched his shoulder.

He smiled, then sighed.

I could see the exhaustion in his eyes. "We can just,"I pulled the lever on the chair bring it back,"lay here, if you like."

He nodded, reclining his chair after me. He laid facing me and shut his eyes. "I just need to sleep. I haven't slept."

"Why?,"I asked knowing the answer.

"I was worried..about.....you,"he slowly drifted off into sleep.

I stretched my hand over and wiped his cheek. He was so peaceful. I shut my eyes.