Chapter 60- I love her

Flynn P.O.V:

I watched her walk away. I knew she was lying about the text from Brandy. How?..

"Hey, Flynn!,"Brandy shouted at me from across the court. "Toss me those scissors."

"Do you know how dangerous that is?,"I chuckled before I kicked it over to her.

"We were in kindergarten together. I know,"she smiled and picked it up.

I laughed.. then smiled.. then frowned. Harley seemed really disappointed that I didn't say I loved her. I lied to her again. I had been in love with her since I knew I felt things for the opposite sex. She was my dream girl for as long as I could remember and I lied to her about my feelings for her.

She looked so devastated and she got so angry that I didn't love her, which I did.

After we finished cleaning up the court, I decided to find her and make sure she was okay.

I looked around until I found her with May outside on the field. I walked over to them. "What are you guys doing out here? They need more hands cleaning up."

"Then you should go back,"Harley looked up at me with a rude stare. "They're probably missing your hands by now."

I looked at May.

She giggled and shrugged. "Don't look at me. She came back to me with the attitude after she talked to you. Must be something you did."

I scratched my head. "May, can you give us a minute?"

She looked at Harley. She nodded and May stood up. "Scream if she hurts you. I'll come running." She walked away and I sat down.

"Harley, what is it?,"I looked at her.

"What's what?"

"That attitude. It's just..unnecessary."

"Weird choice of words. 'Unnecessary'."

"All I did was say that I didn't love you. You said the same thing to me."

She started picking the grass.

"You're getting mad over nothing-"

"I'm not mad. I'm the normal, grumpy Harley Branson."

"You don't love me and I don't love you. We just like each other. Isn't that enough for you right now?"

She looked at me and opened her mouth as if she was about to say something, but she looked down and shut it.

I held her hand. "What if..I loved you..."

She looked at me again.

"What if we..loved each other..and something went wrong with the whole "Eva" thing? I know I wouldn't give two craps but...you're so caring..you would."

She looked wistful. "I should've let her go. I shouldn't have let it go this far...Now everyone looks at me differently...I'm popular.. and I hate it, but...I know that if I leave her now..Heather and her friends would eat her alive."

"More like the school would bury her alive."

"Not helping...Not to mention us...We'll become the worst couple in our school."

"I can live with that,"I smirked at her but she still frowned.

"But I can't. Eva wouldn't be able to face her friends, her family....Her-"

"Her, her, her. Do you ever think about yourself? Harley, you didn't even want to do the whole relationship thing. You did it for her and now you can't even be with someone you love because you're stuck with her."