Chapter 48- Raid

I literally pulled an all nighter last night writing for you guys. Doesn't mean I'll be posting all right away though.

Harley's dad may have a bit of an accent. Not Indian though. Most Trinidadians are mixed with Black and Indian. Harley's dad is from Trinidad, so he'll have an in and out accent, mixed with American and Trinidadian. It won't be hard to read. I promise. Enjoy ^.^..Oh and in the Caribbean they call ovens stoves.

Thanksgiving. The time when families get together and stuff their stomachs with turkey and potatoes. In my case Tofurkey. Being vegetarian wasn't easy, expecially when I had to watch Flynn bite down on his turkey sandwiches. Not that I wanted it. I didn't want it..*drools*....Just like I didn't want Flynn....What was I talking about? Oh, anyway, Thanksgiving.

My mother stood in the kitchen with my dad, cooking as usual. I sat on the couch, as lazy as I was, with Flynn. His mother was doing her Thanksgiving cleaning. Something she called a tradition, which according to Flynn, was more of a habit. She started doing it the times his parents fought the most. Thanksgiving and Christmas.

"What should we cook?,"he mocked his parents,"Potato pie or lasagna? Both. Why would we cook both? And then the screaming starts and the freaking out."

I giggled.

He smiled then frowned. "And then the crying and the cursing...And then mom says,"No thanks giving for anyone!" and we eat nothing but leftovers....I'm glad my dad's gone. My mom's happier now."

I frowned too. "So are you having thanksgiving this year? You know...with Franky back?"

"Yeah, but...I'm staying in my room. I don't want things to be awkward. He says he's making his special."

"His special? What's his special?"

"He's special,"he looked at me. "What ever he's making is not."

I laughed. "You can spend thanksgiving here if you like."

"I'ts fine. It's your family time. Besides I've been here almost everyday now. I think your dad's tired of my face."

"I'm really glad I've had your company."I looked at the floor. "With May dating Hayden now...I'm just...,"I looked at him. "Thanks for being here for me."

"I'm always here for you."

My mother walked into the living room. "Harley," she shook her head at me,"you can't sit here with Flynn all day. We need some help."

I groaned. "Awe mom."

"How are you going to learn to cook?"

"I can cook."

"What, Harley? What can you cook?"

"Mac and cheese..and spaghetti and tomato sauce."

She shook her head.

"We can survive on Mac and cheese,"Flynn smiled at me.

"Not with clogged arteries."

"Did I hear Harley say she can cook?,"my dad walked into the living room. I knew he was going to tease me and say something embarrassing. "Flynn, the other day, I told Harley to make me some bush tea. You want to know what she did?"

I sighed and sat back.

"She burn' the water."

Flynn chuckled. "But that's impossible."

"Exactly,"my dad laughed. "She accomplished the impossible. She work some voodoo and nearly burn meh' stove."

My evil mom cracked up and gave him a high five.

Flynn looked at me with a red face and pursed lips.

"Don't you dare laugh,"I pointed at him.

He suddenly burst out in laughter. "Don't worry Harley. I can cook."

"You can,"my mom stopped laughing.

"Yes ma'am,"Flynn looked at her.

Ma'am? Since when?

My mom raised her brows at me then walked into the kitchen. My dad followed her, still laughing. Whenever he had a joke about me, his accent would show. He claimed it was for effect.

We heard a tiny knock on the door and bickering. Then the bell rang.

"My brothers,"Flynn shook his head.

I quickly got up and walked over to the door. As I opened it I was greeted with two adorable smiles.

"Hi Harley,"Felix, the little one, smiled at me. "Remember me?"

"Of course I do,"I smiled down at him.

"Hey,"Frederick looked at me with an open mouth. He had that look a puppy gives a bone. Of course it creeping me out. He was lucky he looked like Flynn with glasses. But he was much more annoying.

"Hey..Frederick,"I furrowed my brows at him. "How are you?"

"I'm fourteen so we're only three years apart,"he stared at me.

"I..don't know what you're-"

"Do you guys need something?,"Flynn stood beside me.

"Flynn,"Felix punched his knee,"up!"

Flynn groaned and picked him up.

I smiled at them. It was pretty adorable. Especially how much Felix looked like Flynn.

"Hey,"Frederick pointed at as both,"you guys actually look like a family right now. Like seriously. The mom the dad and the kid. Too bad I'll be in your place Flynn."

Flynn shook his head but I blushed. We did make a good looking family. "What do you need, Frederick?"

"Mom's spraying the house with Raid, so she sent us over here."

"Since when do we have roaches?,"Flynn furrowed his brows.

"Since you started taking bringing Harley's rat over and letting  him play with food on the floor."

I giggled then stopped. "Wait, did you just call Fluffy a rat?"

"Yep. He's a rodent."

"You're a rodent,"I stepped foward.

"Harley,"Flynn chuckled,"don't entertain him."

"How am I a rodent?,"Frederick folded his arms.

"Well, your mom did spray Raid to get rid of them. She got rid of you, didn't she?"

"Rodents are mammals. She sprayed Raid to get rid of roaches."

"Okay....Roach,"I smiled then walked into the house.

Flynn laughed and followed me.

"I still love you, Harley,"Frederick chuckled.

I turned around to say something mean to him, but Flynn put his hand on my shoulder and spun me around. "I think I need some Raid,"I folded my arms.