Chapter 66- Perfect Family

I love white chocolate chip cookies. ♡.♡

Oh and Harley's grandfather has an accent.

Harley P.O.V:

I sat in the living room listening to my Nana and Grandfather talk about their trip. I know I should've been happy that they were visiting, but it was a surprise to me, and I knew it be a surprise to my mom too. Which was bad.

See, my mom and Nana didn't get along well. Don't assume it's because my mom's racist..which she isn't..I think.

My dad was Trinidadian. My grandfather was Indian and my Nana was black. Which made me, totally mixed. I know, I'm awesome.

My mom picked fights with my grandfather but he ignored her, unlike my Nana.

"So, Harley,"my Nana looked at me,"Your dad told me that you're dating that..rascal across the street."

Oh, did I mention that she and mom shared their hate for Mrs. Friday?

"We're not dating..Dad,"I looked at him.

The front door unlocked and my mother walked inside. "Harley!,"she called out to me not seeing us in the living room. "I bought you some white chocolate chip cookies. You can share them with,"she looked at us,"..Flynn."

"Hello Margaret,"Nana smiled and tilted her head.

My mom looked at my dad.

"She told me to surprise you guys,"dad looked at her.

"Why would you listen to her?"

"Because it's been a while since we've seen my side of the family....and you wouldn't have let her come."

"Exactly,"my mother walked into the kitchen with the groceries.

I got up and walked after her. "Mom,"I sighed,"please don't make these two weeks a pain."

"Two weeks?,"she took the cookies out of the grocery bag and handed them to me.

"Mom, even if you have to fake it, do it for me."

She looked at me."...You know your "Nana" will never let that happen."

I sighed and walked over to the living room with my box of cookies. "Don't beg me,"I smiled and pointed at my grandfather.

"You feel I want your cookies, girl?,"he smiled back.

I looked at my grandmother. "Do you want one Nana?"

"I wish I could say yes,"she smirked," but I'm on a diet."

"You're always on a diet,"my mother walked into the living room,"and you're still overweight."

My dad shook his head.

"Mom,"I looked at her.

"Overweight and black,"Nana folded her arms and sat back on the couch.

"Why do you keep saying that? I'm married to your son."

"You use that as an excuse for all the rude comments you make about us. Maybe that's why you married my son."

"Could you guys please stop?,"I looked at them both.

"I'll stop, when your mother stops saying racist things-"

"I'm not a racist!,"my mother shouted,"You need to stop calling me racist!"

"You don't have to dress up in a KKK costume to say racist things, Margaret."

"Please Nana,"I shut my eyes," Stop."

"Tell me you haven't heard your mother before, Harley."

I looked at mom.

She was waiting for me to answer.

"Your silence says it all, darling-"

"You're just trying to make me feel bad and look bad."

Nana giggled,"You're already doing well with that on your own, darling."

"You bitch!"

I started crying. "Mom, stop it!" I looked at my dad and grandfather,"Why aren't you guys stopping them? Everytime you two come here we have all this drama. Why do you have to fight everytime you visit?"

The place was filled with an awkward silence for a while and then my mother broke it. "Go over to Flynn's, honey."

I walked over to the door without questioning her. I knew she and Nana were about to have a epic fight.

"Harley,"Nana called me,"don't go to that boy's house. Stay here. Your parents have no boundaries for you."

"She's his friend. They don't do anything, Rachael."

I looked at the floor. We did stuff alright.

"You'll see her come back here with a bump in her stomach one day just like your sister-in-law did,"she pointed at my mom.

"Nana,"I looked at her.

"It's the truth. And even if she doesn't go over there to have sex with the boy, she'll go over there crying and Friday will start asking questions. We were all her age once. We should know."

"Harley, leave,"mom looked at me by the corner of her eyes.

I quickly unlocked the door and walked out. You know those movies where a bomb goes off behind the superhero and they walk away like a boss? Yeah, a bomb went off behind me. The house was in uproar and as I shut the door, the place became quiet.

I walked across the street and rang Flynn's doorbell.

He opened the door and looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing,"I quickly wiped my cheek. "I brought your favorite?" I handed him the box. White chocolate cookies weren't really my favorite. They were his. I told my mom that they were mine so she could buy then for him. I know, I'm crazy, but he's worth it.

"Thank you,"he flashed a smile at me then looked at my house.

I jumped and turned around to see if anything was happening.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"No,"I looked at him,"I'm not."