Chapter 93- Don't you Remember

"So..she knew you were recording her?,"Harley furrowed her brows at me.

"Yeah. I'm telling you, she's some kind of psychopathic evil genius."

"Well, I knew she was,"I shut her phone off. "But she didn't say anything useful. She just blocked my questions."

"What did she say to you? Can I listen to your recording?"

"Uhm..,"I pulled out my phone and handed it to her. Eva said alot of crap about what I had done to her at the party. I knew Harley would ask me about it. The problem was that I arrived at the party drunk and left the party drunker'. I had no idea what went down.

I watched her listen. She squinted at the phone and kept kissing her teeth. Then she stopped and looked up at me. "You went to a party? When?"

"That's the thing. I don't know. I was drunk and-"

"Flynn, if she tells people this and you say that you don't remember what happened, your ass is going to jail."

"So, you don't believe I did it? Because I questioned myself-"

"Flynn, I know you. You're stupid but you're not that stupid."

"Thanks..I think."

"You need to remember, Flynn. At least remember when the party was."

I sighed and laid back on the bed staring at the ceiling. "Okay...it was before Heather and I broke up..and while you two were dating...It was warm out which means it was late summer."

"So, like, the beginning of school?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Eva and I didn't start dating till October. And you and I weren't close either."

I sat up. "So..."

"What she's telling people makes no sense. You didn't know Eva until after Heather introduced her to me. Was she even there with Heather that night?"

I started trying to remember. "I don't..think so. Wait...I think I remember Eva being there. She didn't look like herself. Like the way she looks now. She was more..weird."

"See? That was months ago."

"I was..nice to her."

Harley looked confused.

"I was drunk and everything's a blur but I remember her crying. She said she wanted to fit in. We were on the couch...And I saw her crying...I asked her if she was okay and she started going on about how left out she felt...It's my fault, Harley."

"What are you talking about?"

"I was drunk."

"Yeah, we know that."

"I told her that she had to change to fit in. I'm such an idiot"

"I'm glad you know that,"Harley snickered. "How'd you say it?"

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because it's funny that you're blaming yourself for Eva's stupidity."

"I-"

"Flynn...how did you say it?"

I smiled. "I said,"I slurred my words,"To be a cheetah you gotta' get the spots."

Harley laughed.

"She was so confused so I told her to do what the popular kids did."

"Okay, Mr. Words of wisdom. Guess what?"

"What?"

"You got us into this mess, and you're getting us out."

I shook my head and smiled at her.

She leaned in to kiss me then her phone started buzzing. She took it out and put it to her ear. "Hello?...May, What is it?" She put the phone on speaker and put it on the bed.

"Wha-,"May paused. "Did you just put the phone on speaker?"

"Uh..yeah. You said it was about Flynn."

"That doesn't mean it's Flynn's business."

"I'm right here you know,"I furrowed my brows at Harley.

"Did Flynn do something to you or something?"

"When was the last time you two were on Facebook?"

"I don't do Facebook,"Harley shook her head.

"I haven't had time,"I shrugged.

"Well, your face is all over the Facebook right now."

"What?" I pulled out my phone.

"Yeah, there's a picture of you when you got beat up. It was floating around a while but-"

"Why didn't you tell us that?"

"Because I thought you saw it. Anyway, there's picture with him holding Eva's arm VERY TIGHT."

"What the F-,"I shouted but Harley cut me off.

"You squeezed her arm?" She looked at me.

"Grabbed her but it's only because she was running away."

"You don't do things like that, Flynn. People see."

"And take pictures,"May added."What are we going to do?"

"Nothing,"I frowned. "There's nothing we can do."

"We can kill her and hide the body,"Harley said angrily,"I mean, I've done it before-"

"What?"

"My cousin's dog. I killed it and we had to bury it."

"We?"

"Both of us,"May giggled.

"Okay. Maybe we should kill her. Since you both have murder experience on your resumè."

May laughed but Harley shook her head.

"Don't ever let me hear you say that again,"she pointed at me. "Especially if we're doing this. May where do we bury the body?"

"Mom!,"Felix shouted climbing down the stairs. "Flynn is going to kill somebody."

"Shit! When did he come in here?,"I quickly stood up.

Harley and May laughed.

I smiled at Harley and shook my head.