Chapter 13- Fake girlfriend

A kiss to the forehead. A sign that someone is in love or likes you. Flynn didn't like me or love me. We weren't even close, which made the whole "kissing buddies" thing sound even more disgusting. But he was irresistible. I hated irresistible guys. They were the kind of guys that would sleep with you once and then never talk to you again. They kind that would make you feel special and then leave you when you think it's real. F***boys.

  I sat in the nurse's office with Flynn. Gabriel slowly unwrapped the bandage from around my head.

"You could've taken it off yourself, you know,"he smiled at me.

"I'm too scared. I don't want to see it."

"See what?"

"My scar."

"It's probably tiny by now. You probably can't see it." He put the bandage on my lap.

"Ohmygoodness!,"Flynn covered his eyes,"It's hideous."

"Like your face,"I giggled.

He smiled at me. "There's actually nothing there."

Gabriel handed me a mirror.

"Oh, wow,"I touched my forehead.

"It was just a scratch, so it healed pretty quickly."

"Thanks Gabriel."

"No problem. Now, I don't wanna see the two of you in here together again. Understand? Stay away from baseball bats."

"We will,"Flynn chuckled lifting me up.

"Put me down,"I punched him.

"I wasn't going to say it, but you two make a nice couple."

"We do?,"Flynn's face lit up.

"We don't,"I looked at him.

Gabriel laughed. "Yeah, you do."

*  *  *

I hopped out of Flynn's car. Heather sat on the steps with a girl. She was gorgeous, with long blonde hair and green eyes. But she was a total nerd, with huge blue rimmed glasses and a pleated skirt. She was about five foot five.

"Flynn?,"I looked at them nervously, and hit him with the back of my hand

"Hi,"Heather and the girl walked over to us. "Eva, this is Harley. The girl I told you about."

She smiled at me.

I pursed my lips together and looked down.

"Do you want me to help you?,"Eva held my arm.

"No. I'm fine. Flynn's got me."

"No,"Heather grinned,"Flynn's comin' with me. We're letting you two talk." She held his hand and pulled him away.

I leaned up against the car.

"So-,"Eva smiled.

I groaned inside.

"-You're like Flynn's GBF?"

"GB what?,"I looked at her and crinkled my nose.

"Gay best friend?"

"Oh..Look Eva, I'm not the type to lead people on. So I'm gonna tell you the truth. I'm straight."

She frowned. "If you don't like me, you could've just said it. You don't have to lie."

"No, I'm serious. I'm not lying."

"You told Heather that-"

"I know what I told Heather."

"You're lying to get with Flynn, aren't you?"

"No. I can't stand him."

"Then what is it? I can go tell her you're straight you know?"

"No. Don't do that."

Tears were in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"No one ever likes me. I knew you were too good to be true."

"What do you mean?"

"Heather told me that you saw me once at the arcade and told Flynn that you liked me. I knew she was lying. If boys don't like me, girls won't either."

"That's not true. I like you, just not like that."

"Can you at least pretend to date me?"

"What?"

"The kids at school..They'll start talking to me, because they will think that I'm cool."

"Eva, you don't need to be cool."

"Please Harley? Heather will start hanging out with me. She already said that she would."

"....O..kay,"I looked down.

She hugged me. "Thank you."

"I see you two are already hitting it off,"Heather smiled walking down the steps with Flynn.

He squinted at me.

"When will you two be going out?"

"Whenever she wants to,"Eva smiled at me.

I smiled back, then looked at Flynn.

He furrowed his brows at me.

"Well," Heather grinned,"whenever you choose your day, tell us. It'll be a double date."

"Okay,"Eva grinned. She looked at me. "Bye."

"Bye,"I smiled at her.

She suddenly kissed my cheek and then ran over to Heather.
"Could you imagine the girls' reactions at school when we tell them that my boyfriend and your girlfriend are BFFs?,"she held Eva's arm in excitement.

"Yeah,"Eva smiled. She looked at me.

I nodded.

They both got into Heather's car and then drove off.

"Well she's an odd ball,"I giggled, looking at Flynn.

He just looked back at me with disappointed eyes.

"What's your problem?...I can't believe you're jealous, Flynn. She's a girl. I'm not into girls...Besides, we're not dating."

"Why didn't you just tell her?"

"I did. She threatened to tell Heather...and I started feeling sorry for her. We're pretending to date."

"Are you sure? Because you two sure looked like you liked each other."

"We don't like each other."

"Eva sure does. Be careful Harley."

I giggled and shook my head. "Stop being so dramatic. Nothing will happen."

"Don't be too sure."