Chapter 71- Happy New Year

Harley P.O.V :

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Something that became a habit since I started talking to Flynn. It was new years day and I hadn't talk to Flynn in a day since I said I loved him.

A tear ran down my face. Why did I deny loving him? Why couldn't I just say I did? I was breaking his heart over and over again.

* * *

A day ago...

I stared at Flynn all goggly eyed as he was trying his best to "get my mind off things".

The look on his face was so captivating, that I lost myself in his eyes. I could see the love in the blue of them.

Then when I thought he couldn't be any more beautiful than he was in that moment, he broke of into a spasm and he said the three words I couldn't say to him. "I love you."

I found my fingers wiping away the sweat and hair on his forehead. Then I abstractly whispered those exact words to him.

We stared at each other in shock and I freak out, pushing him away. I yanked the sheet away from him, rapping myself in it.

He grabbed a pillow and covered.. himself, still not knowing what to say.

"Put on your clothes and leave,"I stood shaking.

He slowly got up and did as he was told.

I watched him, pull up his jeans.

"Did you...Did you mean it?,"he buckled his belt.

I paused. Instead of yes, I said,"No, now leave..I need some time alone."

* * *
I was officially a dumbass to let him leave. That feeling that I was feeling was love and I denied it.

I looked at my phone. He still hadn't reply to my text. I couldn't take it anymore.

I got up and rushed down the stairs, then out of the house and across the street.

I rang the door bell. No one answered. I rang it again..and again..and down again, then the door opened.

Flynn looked down at me.

I faint smile hit my face.

He was about to slam the door in my face but I pushed it.

"Flynn, please."

He stared at me without saying a word.

"I haven't seen your face in more than twenty-four hours and I feel like a wreck. I need you to talk to me."

"How hard is it to just say what you feel to me?,"he asked angrily.

"Just as hard as it was for you to say to me."

"It was hard for me because I was afraid you didn't feel the same way for me. But you know that I love you...And you know that you feel the same way for me. You have no excuse anymore."

"You're right. I know. But I was caught up in the moment."

He shook his head. "Harley,"he held my hands. "Say it to me right now and I'll act like nothing happened. I'll act like you didn't just lie to me about your feelings."

"I'm still trying to figure out what I feel-"

"Come on, Harley. Stop doing this and just tell the truth."

I opened my mouth to say it but it couldn't come out.

He blinked back tears. "It's fine. I'm busy anyway. I looking after Felix. His babysitter ditched me,"he chuckled.

"I can help-"

"No, I don't need help.....Happy new year, Harley."

"Happy New-"

He slammed the door.

"Year."