Chapter 96- Her Fault

Flynn P.O.V:

I heard Eva screaming outside and I knew she did something to Harley. My stomach began to feel sick when I saw Harley laying on the sidewalk.

I started hyperventilating. "Shit, shit, shit," I repeated over and over again. People started walking out of their houses. I ran across the street and knelt down beside Harley before any of the other people who were running could get to her. Her face was going pale. "Harley,"I shook her. "HARLEY!"

Eva sat there pretending to cry.

"What do you do to her?" I pushed her shoulder.

"What did you do?" She shouted. "You were at her house this morning."

"Wha-"

"What happened?" A man knelt down beside me, holding Harley's hand and checking her pulse.

I looked at Eva. "She happened."

"What happened, kid?" He looked at her.

"She's my girlfriend,"she started weeping. "I kissed her and she fainted."

"Really?"

"She seemed light headed."

"What do mean light headed?"

"Like drugged..."

I couldn't even focus on the lies Eva was telling. I was in too much shock. I just stared at Harley as the color in her cheeks faded. "Shouldn't you..shouldn't you check her breathing?"

The man looked at me
"I checked her pulse when I got here-,"

"Check her breathing."

The man squinted at me then leaned over Harley. "She's breathing."

Eva didn't look very relieved. "I'll go call her mom,"she stood up.

The crowd started getting larger.

"Hey!" The man shouted,"Give her some space."

I looked at Harley. Her hair was soaked. I put my hands on her head and turned it to the side. Blood started flowing onto the pavement. "Oh my God,"I let go and put my hands on the back of my head. "F***, she's bleeding."

"Shit,"he looked at Harley's head. "Did anyone call the hospital, yet? You're all here taking pictures."

"I called,"an older woman raised her finger. "They said they'll be here in less than five minutes."

"What if she doesn't have five minutes?,"I cried. "....She can't die." I leaned over her putting my hand on her cheek. "Come on Harley, wake up already...Wake up."

Eva stood above us. She stared down at me.

"Why...Eva?" I looked up at her. "Why would you do this?"

She looked at everyone. They were all staring at her. "I didn't...I didn't do it. You saw me, right?" She looked at a jogger in the crowd.

He looked at Harley. "I saw you kiss her..the last thing I saw was her on the ground."

"I didn't do it. I wouldn't hurt a fly. But Flynn would."

I glared at her.

We heard sirens getting closer.

"I swear on my father's grave. I didn't do it."

On her father's grave?

The ambulance pulled up and the crowd started backing away. The doors swung open and they rushed to Harley's side.

I stood up.

One of them grabbed the stretcher out of the back of the ambulance and rolled it out unto the street.

Everything went blank. I started feeling even more sick than before. Why did I leave her? This is my fault. I should've made her end it with Eva months ago. This is my fault. "This is my fault,"I broke down. "I shouldn't have left her."

I felt Eva's hand on my arm.

I looked up at her.

"It isn't your fault. It's hers,"she whispered then walked over to one of the nurses.

I stared at her in confusion.

"Is anyone from her family here?another nurse said looking around.

No one answered.

"Her mother..,"Eva gulped,"she's on her way here."

"Does anyone want to come with her?"

"I will,"Eva volunteered.

"What? No,"I looked at her,"I'm going with her. She's my..."

Eva stared at me.

"..friend."

"Well who knows what happened?" The nurse looked around again.

"I do,"Eva stepped foward.

She was going to lie again. She pushed Harley. I knew for a fact that she did...but I couldn't do anything. I watched her get into the back of the ambulance. She looked at me as the doors closed.

The ambulance drove away and the crowd began to disperse.

I stood in the same spot waiting for Mrs. Branson.

About forty minutes later, the car pulled up to the sidewalk.

I took a deep breath trying not to cry again.

"Flynn?,"she furrowed her brows at me. "What wrong?"

"Wha...Harley..I thought Eva...I.."

She looked at the pool of blood on the sidewalk, then looked at me with large eyes. "What happened?,"she said abruptly.

I dropped my jaw to speak but nothing came.

"Flynn,"she tilted her head and frowned.

A tear ran down my cheek.

She covered her mouth and looked away. She started weeping.

I stepped foward to comfort her.

"No!" she pointed at me. "Don't you touch me. You should've called me."

"Eva went into the house... She said that she did."

"Well, she didn't. How could you depend on that little-,"she sighed. "What hospital?"

"I don't-"

She grabbed my arm and started pulling me. "Let's go."

"What?"

"Let's go to the hospital."