Chapter 95- What's important

I think the book might get a little darker. And you might get really mad too.

Harley P.O.V:

I walked down the stairs, stretching and yawning. I walked inside the kitchen and picked up my note book to continue my studying from the night before.

"Harley?" I jumped at the deep voice from the living room.

I quickly got up and walked over there to find Flynn on the couch with snot running down his nose and red bags under his eyes. "Oh my god,"I sat beside him. "What's wrong?"

He sighed. "Well..yesterday my house was egged and covered in toilet paper by some of Eva's friends...And I showed my mom the recording-"

"What...Why would you do that?"

"She's a lawyer. She has the best advice I can get for this kind of stuff."

"What did she say?"

"That if it gets out and I have no proof that the party was a long time ago I'm going to jail,"he looked at me.

"Well..you remember, don't you?"

"Yeah, but I don't remember the guys I went with. The only guy I remember is Christopher and he moved away. Plus hates me as more than Eva does....I haven't slept in days. I had to show her."

"Hold on,"I got up and walked into the kitchen for some paper towels. I sat next to him again and started wiping his cheeks, then his nose.

"We need to do something Harley,"he pushed my hand away," I can't take this anymore. I didn't do anything to Eva, but if this doesn't stop, I will."

"Don't talk like that."

"No, I swear, I'm gonna kill her."

"Flynn."

"....I'm surprised you're doing this. You were the one who wanted to kill her in the first place."

"I wasn't thinking and I was joking most of the time. You're exhausted. You just need to calm down-"

"Calm down? Do you know how long I'll stay in jail? For the rest of my life, when I did nothing. It's better if I actually did something-"

"Flynn...I really don't know what to say to you right now.....Our SATs are this month and you haven't been studying yet. You should focus on what's importan-"

"Oh my..,"he turned away angrily. "What's important? Are you f***ing kidding me right now? If I go to jail, the SATs would be for nothing."

"And if you don't go to jail, you would've failed them for nothing too. We can both practice math together-"

He snorted then stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. I don't wanna study with you..not right now."

"Flynn,"I held his hand,"let's just-"

He yanked it away. "No. I've got too much on my mind right now to sit here and fight with you."

"We're fighting? I didn't realize we were."

".....I'm tired Harley."

"That's why you're so angry. You need to sleep. You can sleep on my bed-"

He opened the door and immediately started shouting at me. "I really trusted you. I thought you'd believe me but you took her side."

"Wha-" I pushed the door open. Eva was standing on the sidewalk.

He gave me a slight nod and then walked away.

Eva looked at me angrily and stormed up the steps. "What was he doing here?"

"Uh..he wanted to tell me his side,"I folded my arms.

"And you let him in? Aren't you afraid he'll hurt you too?"

"He never has. You're the only one who he has."

"I'm the only one who came foward. You think Heather doesn't have her story too?"

I rolled my eyes in my head.

"Alot of the girls say that he's hurt them. But they aren't brave enough to step forward. Harley, I know about the black eye and the crutches. I know those weren't accidents-"

"Oh my god, would you shut up?"

She looked at me in shock and I realized that I said that out loud.

"Listen to me Eva, if you're lying, I will never forgive you. Sick people who do these things do not deserve forgiveness-"

"And you say you're a Christian."

I grit my teeth and clenched my fists.

"You say you're a feminist,"she poked my chest. "You said you believed me. I can't be with someone who trusts a rapist. It's over Harley. We're done."

I looked at her pocket. She had no phone. I stepped down unto the first step infront of her. "We were done a long time ago. You think I'd believe a messed up psycho like you? You're a lying, sick bitch who wants the world to revolve around her and would do anything to get that. Even frame someone for rape. You know what you need? A long foot up your ass."

She stepped closer to me and grabbed my arm. "You're messing with the wrong girl, Harley."

"What are you gonna do? Frame me for rape too?" I tilted my head at her.

She looked around the neighborhood, then suddenly smiled. "No, but I can do this instead." She kissed me.

I tried to back away but she was squeezing my arm. She suddenly yanked my arm and I went tumbling down the stairs. I heard her scream. The last face I saw above me were hers. She was screaming.

"Harley! Harley!..Oh my goodness..SOMEBODY HELP!"

Her voice faded away and everything went dark.