Chapter 27- Franky Friday

I walked home that afternoon. I didn't want to ride in the same car with Flynn. I watched his car park in the driveway.
He got out and started heading across the street.

I ran down the stairs. "Mom!,"I shouted running to the front door. "What ever you do don't....,"she had already open the door.

Flynn walked in. "I searched everywhere for you,"he looked tired and angry. "Why did you leave without saying anything?"

"Because I wanted to,"I shrugged.

"Oh come on. It's because I said you and Hayden aren't compatible, isn't it?"

"Hayden?,"my mother looked at me. "Who's Hayden?"

"Some English guy who just popped up out of nowhere and is trying to charm his way into Harley's pants-"

"Oh my goodness,"I squealed, shut my eyes and stomped my feet. I walked over to him and pushed him. "You're not in control of my life!"

He stepped back. "I'm not trying to control your life. I just know manipulative people when I see them."

"Yeah, because it takes one to know one."

He frowned.

"It's not like you haven't tried to char-,"I shouted but he covered my mouth.

"Uhmm,"he looked at my mother.

She giggled and then walked into the kitchen.

He looked at me.

I pushed his hand away.

"I have never trying to charm my way into your pants." He looked at my jeans. "Sure I want to get into them but-"

"You're such a douche!,"I shouted.

"I care, and I don't want to see you you get hurt again. When you hurt, I hurt."

I looked at him.

"I....I really li-"

"Do you kids want anything?,"my mother butt in,"Like a snack or something?"

"No mom,"I grit my teeth. "Were you saying something?"

"Nothing important,"he pushed his hands into his pockets.

"Are you s-"

"I'm sure."

"Okay,"I looked down.

"Hey,"he put his hand on my cheek, and put his thumb under my eye. "Your eye's clearing up."

"Yeah. Took a while for you to notice,"I held his rist and looked up at him.

He looked at me.

I felt the urge to kiss him.

He started leaning in, but my mom walked in with some cookies. "Here,"she handed it to me. "I thought you guys might want something to eat so.."

"Thanks Mrs. Branson,"Flynn smiled at her.

An unfamiliar car pulled up into his driveway.

He quickly turned around. His face looked scared.

"Flynn?,"I looked at him.

He just stared outside.

A man got out of the car.

"Franky!,"his little brother shouted, running over to him.

Flynn looked down. "My step dad,"he sighed.

"Franky Friday,"I giggled. "Genius parents to give him that name."

Flynn looked at me. "And I actually thought it was my real dad for once,"he chuckled but it was fake. He looked outside again. "My stupid mother actually said it was my dad. She should've been more specific, huh?" His eyes started twinkling.