Chapter 8

🍭(Feel free to ask me anything if you don't understand what is going on.
      I love it when people suggest me and tell me their views about the chapter.)🍭

●●●

•CHAPTER 8

A drive to Remember

            Initially I thought I could handle the car ride if I just stayed silent, trying to forget the fact that Evan was sitting right next to me.

            But it was a lot more difficult than I expected.

            We both came out of the hospital, Evan walking ahead of me. I think he was intelligent enough to understand that I didn't want to see his face and talk to him. So, his decision of NOT walking with me was smart.

We walked to his car, and he got inside the car taking the driver's seat.

I went and opened the back door of the car because I wanted to avoid sitting beside him. Obviously, I didn't want to sit right beside him, with nothing but the console between us to separate our seats.

"What do you think you are doing?" he asked in an irritated tone.

Oh god! What is his problem? Why does he talk to me like this?
What does he think of himself?

"Sitting in your car, what else?" I said in a duh-tone.

"Why are you sitting behind?"

"Get the hint! I don't want to sit beside you."

            "You think I am your driver? Come and sit in the front seat!"

"For your information right now, Yes, you are my driver."

          I really felt like irritating the living shit out of this jerk face. And looking at the expression on his face, I think I was pretty much successful in doing that.

      I am so proud of you Becca Wilson!

            I noticed that Evan was glaring at me. If looks could kill, I would have been 6 feet down by now. I stomped my feet and went to sit in the front seat.

            It was really late at night and it was a 40 minutes ride from the hospital to my house. I somehow knew these were going to be the longest 40 minutes of my life.

           I decided to look out of the window and tried to distract myself. I saw the empty streets, the shops that were closing, the trees passing buy, I started thinking about whatever happened in this one day.

The classroom surprise, the cafeteria's delight, the surprises, Bennett's accident...

I so badly wanted to distract myself that I also started counting the cars on the road.

One.... Two three.... Four.... Five.... Six Seven Eigh....

"Are you always this quite?" I heard Evan's voice.

I ignored him and started to count again...

"Well, If you can't talk, then do something to entertain me," he said and this caught me off guard.

I turned in his direction and glared at him.

"What? The cat caught your tongue? ", he said in a mocking tone.

"No."

"If you can't entertain me, then we will have to stop somewhere and get a coffee or something. "