Chapter 42

When I turned around I saw Evan sitting on the floor beside the table, and the peices of vase were scattered all over.

"Ohh shit.. Are you alright.", I asked, rushing to help him get up.

Evan was rubbing his elbow, which I think he accidently hit the table with.

I helped him to get up from the floor, and made him sit on the bed, making sure he didn't step on the broken pieces accidently.

He sat on the bed, bending, with his head down and elbows on his knees, and was rubbing his temple with his fingers.

"Evan, are you okay?", I asked bending a little in front of him to check if he was okay.

He just nodded.

I kept my bag on the side table, sighed and bend down on my knees to collect the broken peices. Somebody has to clean it, or he would get hurt if he stands up again.

"I'll do it. You go.", he said.

I didn't respond.

I was angry.
I don't know why... but I was.
I was upset. I wanted to take care of him, but he was being so difficult.

I kept collecting the pieces one by one carefully.

"I said I'll do it Becca. Go.", he said this time attempting to stand up, but he again stumbled a little so he sat on the bed again.

I just ignored.

"Becca...", he started.

"Shut up Evan. Just. Shut. Up.", he was shocked at my sudden outburst.

"Just look at yourself. You are so weak right now. You cannot even stand up properly. Accept it. You. are. not. well! You need help.", I said.

He looked away.

"Look at me Evan. I am talking to you. You want to clean this broken pieces, you think you can? What are you trying to do? Get yourself killed in everyone's absense? ", I said it loud, demanding his attention.

He looked at me wide eyed.

When I looked at him, I couldn't help but melt.

I shouldn't shout on him, not right now, he isn't well.
It's not right.

I sighed.

"Evan, please let me take care of you.", I said in a soft tone.

He looked at me for some moments before noding.

Finally!

I went beside him and gestured him to lie down.

He did as I said.

I covered him with a blanket.

"Are you feeling okay?", I asked.

"Headache.", he said.

I sat beside him on the bed and gave him a head massage.
My mom always did that when I had fever.

Initially his eyes widened but he eventually relaxed.

"Close your eyes. Sleep. You need it."

He closed his eyes and after 10 minutes I could hear soft snors.

He looked so peaceful.

Thank god he slept!

He needed to sleep.

He was going through all this because of me.

He is so angry on me. Will he even forgive me?
I didn't even get an opportunity to apologize.