Chapter 24

Take deep breathe.

Smile.

If your day wasn't good enough, just smile and let it go.

Happy reading :D
_______________________________________

"They died in an accident."

What?
His parents are dead?
And all this while I thought..

"I used to race. After Clara, my life was empty, I felt terrible, I did things that had risk of life, but I didn't care. That day I had a big race! I wanted to go but my parents came to know about it! They were concerned , they didn't want me to go..... I... I... was angry that day, and I left!"

A tear escaped from his eyes. I quickly went and sat beside him. He looked at me.

"You don't have to tell me Evan, its okay.", I said.

I didn't want to force him. All this while I thought he was angry with his parents, that he didn't want to talk to his parents. I thought his parents were angry with him. Little did I know that they were dead.

Poor Evan.

Evan lost his parents. That's terrible.

"Evan, I am sorry I shouldn't have forced you to tell me this... ", I apologised.

"After I left, my mom and dad followed me there. And while I was driving, I saw my dad's car behind mine. I tried to escape by taking a very sharp turn and I was successful, but then I heard a noise... their car crashed with the car that took an abrupt turn because of my sharp turn! They died.... they died because of me..."

Evan was crying now. Literally.

I couldn't take in the information. I couldn't believe what Evan just said.

All this while Evan was going through all this.

"When did this happen?", I asked.

"2 months ago"

Oh my god! This is why he moved here?

Shit!

"I will never be able to forgive myself", he said between the sobs.

"Don't say that Evan!", I said.

I hugged him.

I cannot believe this.

"Evan, I don't know how you are feeling, I don't know what you must be going through... I have never lost anyone like this.. but Evan I know that you are not the reason behind it, it wasn't your fault, just the circumstances were... It was meant to happen. Please stop blaming your self?", I tried to console him while patting his back when we were hugging.

He pulled away and wiped his tears and looked away from me.

"Evan, are you alright?"

I saw his eyes, he looked broken.

There was silence. Those seconds felt like hours. He was sad. I felt bad.

I don't know why... but it killed me to see him like this.

But there was one question that came to my mind. He said he was ready to end his life just because of Clara. Was she that important? She broke up with Evan, she broke his heart, and he still loved her so much? And that frame? Is Clara that girl in the frame?

I gathered all my guts and asked something that I wanted to ask him long back.

"Evan, I saw a frame in your bedroom, your picture with a girl. Was... was it Clara?", I asked.