Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14•
•Being a Jerk- Day 1 - Continued•

        You know those days when you just feel restless and moody ?

        Today was one such day, little weird.

I didn't do much but I felt tired. After coming back from school, when I was searching for some food in the kitchen, I got a note from my mom that she was going to be out for a trip that she had to take with her clients.

I had no energy to do anything so I decided to sleep for a while.
I was lying on my bed, trying to sleep when those eyes, that frown, that gorgeous face, that well defined jaw and that smile flooded my mind again.

Thoughts of Evan had flooded my mind.

And then his words kept rewinding in my mind...

A girl like you..

Why does he behave like this with me?

I mean, I agree I am not the prettiest but I am not even ugly.

Why would he say that?

Above all that, Why did it hurt me so much?

I have to stay away from Evan, I told myself.

I was on my bed, engrossed in these thoughts, when I heard my phone ring.

It was Lisa.

"Hie, Lisa!", I said.

"Hey Becs, How was your day?", She asked.

"The usual.", I said sighing.

"You don't sound too happy, Is everything okay?", She asked.

"It's Evan.."

"What about him? what did that jerk do?", she asked.

She sounded as if she was ready with her hockey bat to kill Evan right away.

I told her whatever happened.

"But Becca, today when he came to meet Ben, he looked alright. He wasn't mean to me, nor he behaved weirdly with Ben, infact he was fun.", she said.

"So, I guess I should feel honoured to have been given this special treatment.!", I sighed.

"Oh Becca, I understand how you must be feeling! Why don't you talk to Ben about him? He is his brother..", She said

"No, I don't think that is a good idea, And also Evan hasn't really harmed me in any way, I shouldn't be complaining, I am just mentally disturbed right now. I don't know why am I even thinking about this so much. It's not like Evan is my friend. And I don't even think he can be. All guys are the same.", I told her.

"Don't say that Becca. You have been distant from all the guys since..."

"Don't Lisa! Don't take his name! ", I interrupted.

She was going to mention someone's name from my past. My horrible past. Something that shattered me into pieces.

"I am sorry Becs. You'll be fine.", She said

"Anyways, How's Ben? ", I asked her.

"Oh, He is fine, Doc said that he needs to rest for 2 more days and then he can come to college as well.",

"Oh, that is great. When will you start coming to college? I missed you today.", I told her.

"Tomorrow my love. ", She said, "I can't leave you alone with that jerk after hearing all, You need me , I am going to be there to kick his ass tomorrow. ", She said trying to make me laugh.

"I love you."

"I love you too my first love Becca! ", She said.

I hear my door bell.

"Listen Lisa, I think there is someone on the door, mom isn't home. I gotta go, I ll call you in sometime. Cyaa".

I hung up and ran towards the door.

This person, whoever it was, was really in hurry considering that the person had rung the bell almost 5 times till now.

"Wait, I am commiingg....", I shouted.

I opened the door to someone that I least expected at this moment.

The one and only....

Evan.

"YOU?!", I gasped as I recognised who was standing in front of me.

           He turned around and I got first good look at the boy who has flooded my mind with useless thoughts, the one who has managed to get into my nerves only in two days. The one I had decided to stay away from, just a few minutes ago.

But now here is he.

The world is planning against me, I swear.

I think he is going to haunt me in my dreams as well. Except that he would not look as hot as the boy in front of me right now.

Why do all hot boys have to be such jerks!

His black hair and green eyes were exactly as I remembered from last night. There was a hint of emotion in his eyes. Exactly like last night. This innocence that can make anyone's heart melt. I noticed his muscular body, and his V necked t-shirt did not help hide the fact.

But...
Wait a second...
What is he doing here?!

"Yes, Me!", he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Why are you here?", I asked him crossing my hands against my chest.

He was standing on the steps of my porch with his hands in his pockets. And he looked .. nervous?

Woah, The jerk face can be nervous too?

"I.. I came by to see you.. ", He said.

I laughed sarcastically.

"See me? Yeah right! So much concern! You seem to have forgotten that I am Becca, right?", I asked him.

"Yes... I.. just.. I didn't see you in school and you left early.. I was wondering if you were okay.. and ummm... I... was.. um.. forget it. Bye! ", He said and left.

What just really happened?

Leaving me dumbfounded , he just left.

What is this guy's deal and why was he here to see me ?

●●

Please Vote and Comment.

Love you❤❤