Chapter 48

I recieved a message from Evan when I reached home.

* I'll pick you up at 7 tonight, wear something casual. * - Evan♡

A blush crept my cheeks on reading his message.

Our first proper date..

Although he has not asked me to be his girlfriend yet but this is a good beginning right?

I had 2 hrs before Evan was going to come.

I decided to make myself some noodles and take a bath.

To say that I was excited would be an understatement.

I completed all my homework and was about to go and get ready for the date when I heard my doorbell ring.

I checked my phone to see the time, it was 6:30 yet.

Who would it be at this time?
Evan maybe?
Why did Evan come so early? There still half an hour before 7.

I heard the doorbell ring again.

I rushed towards the door and opened it.

When I saw who it was, I was surprised. I felt weak in my knees and my heart started beating faster.

Ashton?
What was he doing here??

●●●

"Heyy", he said waving at me nervously, which was weird because Ashton and nervous? Not possible.

He can't be here.

Why would he come here?

I don't know from where I got the strength but I moved a step back and started closing the door, I wanted him to leave.

"Hey please wait, please listen to me, once Becca.", he said holding the door so that it doesn't close.

I pushed the door even harder this time.

"Please Becca, just listen to me. I am here to apologize. Listen to me, for old times sake.", he said.

Apologize?
To me?
Why?

I hesistantly opened the door and looked at Ashton. He looked nervous and was looking exxpectantly towards me. He looked like the like the old Ashton that I was in love with. I couldn't stop myself from melting at the sight.

"Can I come in?", Ashton asked.

Should I let him in?
What if he tries to hurt me?

"Becca, don't worry, I won't hurt you. You can leave the door open if you don't trust me. I understand. Just please let me in for once, I want to talk to you. ", he said in a very soft tone and he sounded genuine.

I nodded and let him in. I led him to the living room and gestured himt o sit on the couch opposite the television.

"No I don't want to sit. I just want to talk to you Becca.", he pleaded.

"What is there to talk Ashton? Why are you here?", I asked him crossing my arms against my chest.

"I want to apologize... for.. for everytging I did to you.", Ashton started.