Chapter 19

•CHAPTER 19•
•Exposing Caleb•

"Caleb, give up on your stupid bet of yours otherwise I am going to kill you.", Lisa told Caleb, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Ya she is right Caleb! And you are anyways going to not win it.", Ben added.

"I know, I have no idea how was I going to win the bet, I already called the bet off with the guys!" , Caleb just with a bored expression on his face.

                I texted Reed to come and join us in the cafeteria for lunch, while Lisa was having this conversation with Caleb.

"You should have never started the bet in the first place. And then you called the bet off by yourself. That's stupid!!" Lisa scolded Caleb which made all of us laugh.

"You are right! I am so stupid!", Caleb face-palmed.

"No, you are not stupid. It's good that you called the bet off! It was anyways not the right thing to do.", I assured Caleb.

"I am stupid!", Caleb said rolling his eyes at me.

"No, you are not !", Lisa replied.

"I am an idiot!" Caleb said.

"No, you are not! ", this time it was Ben who spoke sipping his coffee.

"I am such a fool", Caleb said and banged his head on the table.

"Yes you are!", I heard a familair voice from behind Caleb.

When I lifted my gaze to see who said that and found Reed standing behind Caleb.

Oh shit!

We all didn't realise that Reed had come when we were having this conversation.

"What?!!", Caleb turned to see who called him fool by agreeing with him.

As soon as he saw who it was , he was shocked.

"What? These people were trying to convince you that you are not stupid and idiot, but you weren't stopping, so I thought I should just agree. You said you are a fool, I just agreed to it!", Reed shrugged.

"Reed, this is Caleb. Caleb this is Reed!", I introduced them.

"How do you know her Becca?", Caleb asked me with wide eyes.

"We were in the same class.", Lisa answered.

               Reed stretched out her right hand to shake hands with Caleb, but Caleb was so shocked that he forgot to shake his hand.

"I. Am. Officially. Stupid!", Caleb banged his head again on the table, but before his forehead would come in contact with the table, Reed put her hand on his forehead.

"You'll hurt yourself if you bang your head once again on the table.", Reed said rubbing her hand on his temple.

Caleb was so confused and I am sure he must be feeling guilty after knowing how sweet Reed is. Hopefully.

"Okay, so before you think that we became friends with her just because you told us to , then you are wrong, we didn't do it because of you. We became friends with her because we like her and she is fun!", Lisa told Caleb in a strict tone.

"And Reed, before you wonder what exactly was Caleb going to do, we will tell you why Caleb is so stupid..
..", Lisa told Reed about the whole bet.

Reed was surprised at first , but then we all started laughing at Caleb and Reed laughed at him as well. And it was surprising that she was not mad at Caleb.

           And Lisa ? I bow down in front of her. I never thought we will tell Reed anything about this, but Lisa is Lisa.

"I am so sorry Reed, I didn't mea... "

"It's okay Caleb!"; Reed interrupted before Caleb could finish apologising.

Both of them smiled at each other.

Uhh...I see something starting here.

Just when we were engrossed in making fun of Caleb, Ben looked right behind me and waved.

I turned to see who Ben waved.

It was Evan.

Evan came and sat next to the empty chair beside Ben. He waved everyone and Lisa introduced him to Reed as well.

Then he looked at me and smiled. His smile looked genuine and a blush creot uo my face. After the time we spent together yesterday, I think things had changed, even for him.

             Lisa noticed the exchange between me and Evan and  immediately budged my shoulder.

"I smell something fishy.", she whispered in my ear.

"So Evan, when are you joining the football team?", we heard Caleb ask Evan.

"Next Monday.", Evan answered with a nod

"Good Luck brother!", Ben told Evan.

"So, we are leaving in a while, we have a doctor's appointment in an hour for Ben's arm, so we will not be attending any of the lectures.", Lisa told all of us.

"Oh, I have Calculus, I think I should leave.", Reed informed us.

"Can I walk you to the class?", Caleb offered to Reed. Reed just smiled and nodded. I could see blush appearing on her cheeks.

Oh ghosh this is so cute. They are already having their small moments.

And they left, leaving me and Evan alone in the cafeteria.

"I am going home.", we both said in unison.

We laughed at this.

"Why?", Evan asked.

"Ohh, I have to see some arrangements for the interschool drama week, so... ", I replied and he nodded.

"Why are you leaving?", I asked him.

"Oh, I had football practice, but I already told them that I'll be joining from next monday so I have no lectures now."

"Oh,"

"Can I drop you home?", he asked me scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh... Y-Yes sure.", I felt my cheeks heat up.

Was I blushing?

●●●

Please Vote and Comment.

I love you all for reading my book.❤❤