Chapter 23

"I was not a good son", Evan said.

"What ?", I said turning around to face him.

I saw Evan sitting on bed, he was looking at the floor. His elbows on his knees.

I went and sat beside him.

"Evan are you okay? What is it?", I asked him. I was really concerned.

He looked at me.

His eyes were red. He looked so vulnerable. And frankly, it tore me from inside to see him like this.

I did what I felt was right to do at that moment.

I hugged him. I hugged him tight.

He hugged me back. And I could feel something wet on my shoulder. Evan was crying.

Why?
Why was Evan crying?
What happened between him and his parents?

"Its because of me. Its all because of me!", he said.

"What Evan? What is because of you?", I asked him.

"My mom, my dad... They aren't with me... its all my fault."

"Evan look at me.", I said taking his head off my shoulder so that I could see his face.

He did as I said.

I held his hand.

"Evan, I really don't know what is wrong and why are your parents angry with you. But, Evan they are your parents, they will forgive you. Things will be alright. ", I assured him.

"No Becca, You don't understand. I will never get them back." , he snapped.

"Why? Why Evan? Atleast try once. Atleast try talking to them.", I told him.

"I knew you wouldn't understand.", he said.

"Please tell me Evan."

He wiped his tears. His expression changed from sad to emotionless.

The Evan that I saw when he came to drop me home from hospital was back.

That angry Evan that I saw that night was back.

This Evan that intimidated me.

"No...", he said.

"Why?"

"Because its none of your business."

I stared at him. This sudden change of behaviour.

"You should leave. I'll ask the Aunt Vanessa's driver to drop you.", he said.

"No, Evan you are not okay. I am not going to leave you alone."

"Becca! Go!", he said in a very serious tone. I was intimidated by his tone.

"Evan, why wouldn't you tell me? What happened with you and your parents?"

He came towards me, grabbed my left hand and pulled me closer hardly with anger.

"Because you are no one. I don't have to answer you. You understand??", he shouted and pushed me away almost immediately.

"But Evan..."

"Leave I said.", he shouted on me.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy! One moment he is behaving sweet with me. And the other moment he snaps at me.

"Fine! I am leaving! You are such a jerk. I was just trying to help. You'll never change. No wonder why your parents disowned you !", I snapped.

He was shocked at my sudden outburst!