Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11•
•Mysterious much?

"I didn't mean to scare you," he said.

His voice was soft and was looking at me as if he was expecting me to say something.

I kept staring at him. I didn't understand what he meant by that.

"Earlier, When you pinched me, and while we were walking, I didn't mean to scare you," he cleared. His voice was plain. 

I hate it. I hate how hard it is to read Evan.

His voice had no emotion.

"Are you apologizing? Are you saying sorry?" I asked him.

"No!" He said almost immediately.

He abruptly stood up and started walking towards the door of the diner.

"I'll wait for you outside, you finish your food," he said pointing towards the table.

"Evan?" I called him from behind. 

He turned to look at me. 

"Its okay," I said and offered a smile. 

My reply was a kind of shock for him. 

His eyes widened as if he was not expecting me to say that, he then gave me a curt nod and started towards the door again.

Evan did sort of apologize for being mean.
Didn't he? 
He just didn't say a sorry.

             I just think he is someone who would never apologize to a person by saying just a sorry.

            There is more to this guy. More than just being a jerk face.

"Evan?", I called again.

He turned and looked at me again.

"Can you please sit with me while I have my food? I-I- I kind of don't like to have food alone," I told him.

He looked at me for some moments before noding and surprisingly did what I asked him to do. We sat on the same table but there was silence.

He looked at me when I was having the food.

"Did I do that?" He said.

"What?" I asked him.

Then I understood what he was talking about. 

          He was looking at my arm. When he had gripped my arm earlier, his grip was so tight, it left marks on my right arm.

He tentatively tried to touch the marks. 

The marks didn't hurt that much now, but I winced as he touched them. 

"I didn't mean to...ummm.. "  he said pointing to my arm and he was clearly out of words.

"You can punish me if you want," he then said.

I could see how unsure he was. I could see it on his face that he was feeling guilty about it.

 "No, Its okay. They aren't as bad as they look," I said giving him a reassuring smile.

He frowned.

Ohhh ..that cute frown of his.

But this time his frown was with a hint of smile on his face.

So, Evan can smile too. 

"Ohh, But Mr. Jerk Faced Lion, Next time keep your paws to yourself. Otherwise you see these nails?" I showed him my nails, "I haven't grown them just to paint them," I laughed.

He laughed too.

"What? Don't laugh! I am serious, I'll scratch you like a cat if you do it next time!" I told him acting to be serious and he just chuckled.

Who knew Mr. Jerk face and I could also laugh together like normal people! 

_______________________________________

          I ate the rest of my Pizza without fighting with Evan.

Surprised? I know.

But he was surprisingly good to me after the whole Paws and Nails scene.

We then headed towards the fuel station and got the fuel.

Rest of the ride back home was surprisingly peaceful. We had occasional conversations.
Sometimes it was awkward and sometimes it was fun too.

And then sometimes he was back to being his jerk-face self.

He asked me to sleep.

            I replayed everything that happened in this night.

              It was pretty eventful.

              I heard him sing too, but I didn't interrupt him with my questions. I was too sleepy to get into an argument with him again.

           Talking about his singing tenses him, and so far I was liking that Evan was at ease. I didn't want to tense him again.

             But it is weird that he doesn't like to admit that he sings.
He sings really well.

Why would someone hide such a talent?

            I entered my house, went to my room and changed my clothes before going to bed.

There was only one thought on my mind. It wasn't about Lisa, nor Ben, nor Caleb.

It was about Evan.
I was tempted to know him more.

But why?

●●●

Please Vote and Comment.

Love you❤❤