Chapter 30

Ben had come to drop me home.

"Becca, are you fine?", he asked.

I nodded.

My mom opened the front door.

"Heyy, both of you. I thought you were going to come late today.", she said.

"Yes, Mrs. Wilson, but something came up, so we cancelled the plan.", Ben told my mom.

"Come in you two.", She said.

"No, Mrs. Wilson, I have to go.", Ben said.

"But I insist.", my mom told Ben.

I was on the verge of crying, but mom was home. I cannot cry in front of her. She'll be worried.

I made my way straight upto my bedroom. I changed into my pyjamas and went to sleep.

It wasn't even half an hour after I slept, when I heard the door of my bedroom open.

Must be mom.

"Mom please go, I am really sleepy.",I said without looking at her.

That's when someone hit me with a pillow.

When I opened my eyes to see who it was, I saw Ben.

"Ben what are you doing here? You didn't leave?"

"Here my little friend was pretty upset, I thought I should come and see her. And also your mom asked me to stay back for deserts. How can I deny that now?" , he said and laughed when I threw the pillow at him.

He took a seat near me on the bed.

"What is wrong Becca? What happened between you and Evan back there?", he asked.

"Nothing Ben. It was nothing."

"Then why are you mad at him?", he asked.

"I am not mad at him."

"Then? Why did you shout on him?"

"Are you here to defend your cousin Ben?", I said.

"No, Becca, I am not defending him. I am just trying to understand what is going on between you two."

"There is nothing going on between us.", I amswered.

"There is Becca. There can't be nothing."

"Why do you think so?"

"Because I am tired of listening about about you from Evan. When we both are home, he cannot stop talking about you. It has just been a week that he is here and I think he has not talked about anything but you. He asks me about you. What you like, what you don't like; etc.", he said.

"He does?", I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Yes Becca. He does. He has been through a lot. When he came here, he was sad. He didn't even used to talk to me. He was shattered when he came here. But when he talks about you... he smiles.", he said.

Woah... that's news.
Evan talks about me?

"He is a good guy Becca. He never even told me about how he felt about his parents death or Clara. But he told you. He considers you as a very good friend Becca. He really does.", he added.

"That is where the problem lies Ben.", I said.

"What do you mean?"

"He told me about him, about his past, about Clara. He opened upto me. I saw a whole new Evan that day. I thought something had changed between us that day. I thought we became really close to each other.", I answered.

"Ya? You did become close. What is the problem with that?", Ben asked me with a frown.

"Problem is not with Evan. The problem is with me. I started expecting way too much.", I told him.

"I don't understand Becca.."

I sighed.

"Ben, remember when we asked Evan about who he wants to go to prom with?", I said.

"And he said he is not interested in going to Prom at all.", he continued.

I looked at him and sighed again.

"Oh no. You like him, don't you? Like more than just a friend.", he asked me. He looked shocked.

I looked at him for some seconds and nodded.

"Oh Becca.", He said and hugged me.

A tear escaped my eyes.

"Becca.. I don't what to say.. this is... this is so unexpected."

"I know Ben. And I tried to stay away from him as much as possible but... it happened.", I said burying my head in his chest.

"Don't worry Becca.. things are going to be alright.", he said strokung my hair.

"They won't be. I know he doesn't feel the same about me. He still loves Clara.", I said pulling away.

"Becca, he has been through too much lately. He might not be able to understand what is going on. Give him some time, maybe he'll start..."

He was interrupted by my mom.

"Ben? Lisa? Come down... the desert is ready... ", she said.

"Ummmm.. let's enjoy your mom's desert first?", Ben said and smiled.

"Good idea.", I said.

Sometimes all you need is crying your heart out in front of your best friend.

_______________________________________

Hey all :D

Thank you so much for reading :*

Don't forget to keep voting and commenting (^_^)