Chapter 26

Happy Reading :D

"Heyy guys! What's up?", Caleb came and sat on his usual seat in the cafeteria.

We all had bunked our classes today and were sitting in the cafeteria. Bennett told me that Evan had to complete some admission formalities, so he would not be joining us.
We called Reed as well, but she had Chemistry test, and she said it was important.

I, Lisa and Ben had Calculus, so we bunked.
Like I told you, my school is pretty cool.

Jealous?

"Heyy", we wished him back.

"So Caleb baby, I heard you are going to ask Reed out for Prom? ", Ben asked Caleb giving him a bro-hug.

Shit! Ben you were not supposed to say this!
Thank god Reed hasn't come here.
Ben is so stupid.

"Who told you?", Caleb asked with a confused expression.

Lisa hit Ben on his arm.

"Owwwww", Ben winced in pain.

"Stupid you were not supposed to ask him directly. You are so stupid.", Lisa said.

"But I thought..."

"Shut up Ben! Good thing you are cute, otherwise I would have killed you.", Lisa said.

"Wait... what are you guys talking about?", Caleb asked us.

"You and Reed?", I asked Caleb.

"Me and Reed what?", Caleb asked.

"You both like each other don't you?"

"Well.. I.. I.. ummm.. I don't know.", he said scratching the back of his neck.

"What do you mean you don't know? Look at yourself, you are blushing!", Lisa said.

"I am not blushing!", Caleb said throwing a potato chip on Lisa.

"You are! Liar Liar pants on Fire!", Lisa teased Caleb.

"Come one Caleb, just tell us already. You like her, don't you?", I asked him genuinely.

"Yaa.. I mean... she is cute and sweet and...", before he could finish Lisa interrupted.

"Do you like her or not?", Lisa asled him with a flat face.

"Caleb?", I asked him in a stern voice.

"Okay Okay... Yes. Yes, I like her. She is different, she is so sweet and it's fun to be around her. No girl has ever made me feel like that before."

Awwwww, I wish someone said that for me as well.

"I am so proud of you my boy!", Ben said wiping his fake tears and hugged Caleb.

Ben can be so dramatic!

"Get off me! I know you love me Ben, but Lisa will kill me if I steal you from her!", Caleb said pushing Ben away.

We all laughed.

"So when are you asking her out?", Lisa asked Caleb.

"Ya, when are you telling her about your feelings?", I asked.

"I don't know... I am not even sure if she like me.", Caleb said.

Awwwww... she does.. she does.. she does!

"What if she rejects me?", Caleb added.

"Give it a try atleast. Make her feel special, you never know... ", I said.

"You think so?", Caleb asked me.

"Come on Caleb, man up! Ask her out for prom. If she says a yes, then she like you too.. ", Lisa said.

I know what Lisa is doing...
Smart!

"But what if she says no?", Caleb asked.

"We'll see that later!", I said.

Caleb shrugged.

"When will you ask her?", I asked Caleb.

"Soon, I guess..", Caleb said and blushed again.

Awwwwww... my friends are so cute.
Bennett and Lisa were the adorable once since forever and now Caleb and Reed.

Everybody is so happy ...

"Heyy all!", I heard Evan"s voice.

"Hey, I thought you wouldn't make it here. Finally all the admission formalities are over?", Ben asked Evan as he took a seat next to Caleb.

"Ya, somethings are still left, but that I can do later as well. ", Evan said.

When I looked at Evan, I caught him looking at me. Our eyes locked for micro seconds and then a smile appeared on his face.

He gave me a curt nod.

After his confession yesterday, things had changed.

Changed in a good way.

I know about his past now. There was reason why he was so cold. I didn't know he was going through so much. Maybe that is why I thought he is a jerk, but now that I know the situation, he don't think of him as a jerk anymore.

"So what were you guys talking about? ", Evan asked.

"So, apparently Caleb likes Reed and he planning to ask Reed to be his date for prom.", Lisa told Evan.

"Prom?", Evan asked and a frown appeared between his brows.

"Yes, it's next month. Who are you planning to go with?", Lisa asked him but was looking at me.

Lisa was teasing me.

Will Evan ask me to go with him?
Will he ask me to be his date?

He looked at me for a second and...

"I am not going.", he answered simply.

What?
He is not going?
But he could have asked me...

I should've known...
Why would he ask me...

"But why?", Lisa asked him.

"It's not my thing.", Evan said.

Not his thing?

I knew that Evan wouldn't ask me, then why am I feeling bad right now.
I think somewhere in the corner of my heart, I wanted him to ask me.

Urghhhhh... I need to clear my mind.

"Excuse me..", I got from the table and gathered my stuff.

Before anyone could ask me where I was going, I left from the Cafeteria.

_______________________________________

Heyy :)

Keep Reading ^_^
Please Vote and comment.

Love you all :D