Chapter 40

Isn't rain the most beautiful thing? How one shower of rain changes the complete environment around you. Everything looks dim, no sunlight, yet everything is so beautiful, soothing.

It was late evening and was raining outside, I always loved rain, but today I wasn't feeling the same about it.

Sitting in balcony, curled up in my chair, I was looking at those raindrops falling. Usually I would just stand up, go out and enjoy the rain, but today was different, I wasn't enjoying it.

Today was an eventful day. Evan asking me for the prom, then that kiss that he gave me on my nose before asking me. This thought almost got a smile on his face. But then I remebered the fight that we had later at the diner.

Everything was so perfect, then my misunderstanding ruined it. He was genuinely trying, and I misunderstood..

I am so stupid, I didn't think twice before scolding him.

I want to talk to him, tell him that I am sorry, but he was so mad at me. I am agraid he would not even like to look at my face now. It took a lot for Evan to open up to me. He found a close friend in me, and I... I ruined it.

I need to talk, I can't just wait for things to get okay on its own. I should apologize afterall I was wrong. I should say sorry, then its on him to forgive me or not.

I took my phone and dailled his contact number. It rang but he didn't answer. I tried calling him twice, but no answer.

Why isn't he answering my calls?

Maybe he doesn't want to talk to me.

Maybe he wants stay alone.

I think I should leave him alone for sometime. I will talk to him in school tomorrow.
_______________________________________