Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10•
•Woah.. Beware Mood swings ahead!•

"Ummmm... Evan? I-I am hungry" I said, not sure if should have said that at this time when he was being so cold.

"Can we please eat something before we go ahead? " I asked him.

                 He looked in my direction and nodded.

                  His behaviour had scared me. I have never had to deal with someone like this. I had never been so nervous talking to someone. But he.. he was different. He looked stressed and cold. Everytime.

Does he even smile? Jerk face has an ego problem I think!

He turned towards the Diner that was just in front of us.

I was surprised that he agreed to eat first. More than that, actually I was surprised with me? Well, this was new.

I followed him inside the Diner.

As soon as we stepped inside, the smell of coffee filled my nose. I hate coffee.

"I hate coffee! " I said.

Evan looked in my direction and frowned. He looked cute when he frowned.

Uh no no, Becca you are not supposed to think about his cuteness.
He is flat mean!

"I... uh... I.. am sorry? " I said. I don't know why and for what I apologized, but I just felt like, so I did.

The place was cozy. The lights were dim, casting a soft purple glow on the whole cafe. It wasn't too big , neither was it too small and there was something playing over the speakers.

Behind me, Evan had the same reaction with the aroma. He looked around the place, as if surveying his surroundings, and seeing him do that compelled me to do the same.

Standing there in that warm, kind of fuzzy place, I had almost forgotten how unusual I was feeling around Evan.

The lights here weren't bright, but they were bright enough to accentuate Evan's features. I tried not to look at him but it was difficult not to do so because he was there, right in front of me.

I looked at Evan, I was taken aback by the sight of him under the light. We hadn't exactly seen in each other that clearly throughout the course of night. We always ended up fighting. Seeing him standing there, with his towering height, I was kind of surprised.

Objectively, Evan was kind of fucking Hot.

Trying not to be too obvious, I studied him. I could tell from his clothes, I wasn't being judgemental, but I am kind of sure that he belonged to a wealthy family.

"You want to sit and eat something here?" he asked.

I nodded.

His expressions were no more emotionless. I could see that he was at ease now.

We moved towards the counter.

A tanned, good-looking guy greeted us with a smile. "What can I get you guys?"

Evan and I ordered Pizza and some french fries and coke with it. At the same time I realized that I had left my phone and my bag in the car. I had no money.

"Evan? I..."

Before I could complete, "Don't worry I'll pay," he offered to pay.

I was a little iffy about letting him pay for my food but I was hungry.

Evan took the trays in his hand and sat on one of the tables. I almost reluctantly, sat down as well.

I started eating french fries and enjoying the food.

Its food after all. There is nothing better than food in this whole world.

Every so often, I would catch Evan looking at me, but didn't say anything. Neither of us said anything for some time.

It was weird, many times he opened his mouth to say something, but didn't.

I decided to break the silence.

"So you liked the pizza?" I asked.

He shook his head.

" What? Why? I loved it. What is wrong with your taste buds?" I asked.

"It is less spicy," he shrugged.

Less spicy? Really?

"Ohh, I have a solution for that," I said.

I took the can of red peppers and started drowning his pizza with red peppers.

Evil. I know!

"What are you doing Becca?" He asked me confused.

"You said, the pizza was less spicy, so red peppers," I said innocently.

I intentionally put a lot of pepper on his pizza.

"Oops, Sorry, I accidently put some extra pepper on it. But anyways, I know you can eat this. Your tongue and your words are anyways too spicy, this taste wouldn't even make any difference," I said referring to his mean words some time back.

I smirked at him.

Indirectly, I did tell him that his words were bitter and hurtful than the spicy-ness of red peppers.

He looked at me for some moments, and what he did next was..

"Evan don't-"

But before I could stop him, he took a huge bite of the pizza. I watched him in horror as he ate the whole Pizza.

What the fuck? Why did he do that?

Only one slice of it was left. "Don't !" I grabbed his hand refraining him from eating that last slice.

Evan's face began to turn as red as the red peppers. He dropped the last slice of the Pizza on the plate and began to fan himself. His eyes wear tearing.

I immediately stood up and grabbed a glass of water from the table next to us and gave it to him. He took the glass from my hand and threw it.

Yes, he threw the glass of water.

He was still red.

I stood there in shock. Why would he do that?

Then I went to the counter and asked the guy to get me a milkshake. I took the milkshake and ran towards our table.

I saw Evan suffering. Still fanning himself. I felt bad for doing what I did. I shouldn't have done that pepper thingy. He was already in a bad mood.

I stepped close to him. I tentatively grabbed his hand and made him sit on the chair. I made him drink the whole milkshake.

I rubbed his back while he was drinking the milkshake.

After some sips of the milkshake, he looked a little better.

"What the hell? Are you stupid? Why did you eat that?" I shouted throwing my hands in air.

He stared at me for what felt like years.

After years of an awkward silence between us, "I didn't mean to scare you earlier," he said looking right into my eyes.

"What?!" I frowned.

●●●

Heyyy :D

Please tell me how it is..

Please Vote and Comment.

And I will dedicate a chapter to you If I think you are sincerely liking my book :*

Make sure you tell me about your suggestions. I'll love to know them.

Love ya :D