Chapter 16

•Chapter 16•
•Can we start it all over again?•

"Bye guys! I'll see you after lunch.", Lisa called out over her shoulder while leaving with Ben for a lunch date.

"I had fun with you guys today, I love your company. ", Reed said smiling genuinely at me.

I smiled back at her, hugged her and started to leave for the library.

"Oh, before I forget, Would you like to have lunch with us everyday? I mean, We all hangout together, Would you like to join us? ", I asked her.

"Yeah, thanks, I'd love to. I thought I was going to be a loner.", She sighed in relief before waving a bye and walking inside her class.

              After a while of walking , I was nearing the library. I looked at my phone, and saw that there were 2 messages from Lisa saying that she is bunking the rest of the day.

             When I was just rounding a corner, I bumped into certain someone.

"Are you blind? ", the person who bumped into me said.

I froze. Literally.

          That voice was Evan's. Flashbacks of yesterday night when he had come at my place to 'see me' came in front of my eyes.

              Lisa said he was okay and friendly when he came and met at the hospital. Which means, he is not always like this, he just changes when he comes around me.

"Sorry. My bad.", I said trying my best to not argue with him. So far I have had a very good day, I do not want to ruin it.

           He hadn't noticed that it was me who he had bumped into.

When he raised his head, and when my eyes met with his, a look of recognition passed through his eyes. I could see that his expressions softened when he saw me.

          He looked at me, but with no negativity, he just seemed nervous. As if he cared. He scratched the back of his neck.

"So yesterday... ", he started.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you the same, Why did you come at my place yesterday? You said you came to see me. But that's utter bullshit and I know that. So you better tell me the reason. Jerks like you can never do anything without a reason. ", I asked before he could complete his sentence.

His expressions immediately changed. A frown appeared between his face.

"I don't feel the need of telling you about it.", he said avoiding my gaze.

What?

He kept silent and just glared at me.

"You know what? Just forget it! surprisingly, only in two days you have managed to get into my nerves. ", I said.

            Not wanting to continue the conversation with this jerk face, I simply began to walk away.

But Evan had other plans.

My wrist was in his hold.

He forced me to turn around and face him.

"Don't ignore me. It's rude!', he said.

Gosh!
Is this guy for real?
He is asking me to not be rude? Whereas he has been nothing to me but rude.

I turned around and faced him before smiling sarcastically at him.

"And it's not rude to ask a girl to get down of the car in the middle of the road? And it's not rude to tell me that you wouldn't want to walk in the school with a girl like me? And it's absolutely okay to come at my place at night without any reason and then tell me to not even bother? Ya right !", I half yelled at him.

He was clearly taken aback.

I am never the one to yell at somebody like this. But what do I say, this guy brings out the worst in me.

             He seemed surprised by my outburst.

"Ummm.. I.. I.. am..", He stuttered.

"What? The cat caught your tongue?", I said.

He didn't say a word.

I decided to go where I was initially heading- Library. I took a few steps before I heard him say something.

"Becca? Can we be Friends?", he said. His voice barely audible.

I turned around again and looked at him and noticed that he looked nervous.

"What?", I asked in confusion.

"Can we be friends?", he repeated.

"Friends? For being friends, you have to talk to people nicely. And to be my friend, you have to be less rude and not be a jerk face and you can clearly not do that, so its pointless right? ", I told him.

"Look I know I haven't really been nice to you, but.... ", he paused , "Anyways, can we just start this again?", he asked.

"Why would you want to be my friend? Suddenly this change of mind?", I said.

"Whatever happened between us was not intentional. I am not usually like this. I didn't exactly want to be like that around you. I have just had somethings off and all came out on you. And also I am new here, doesn't harm to make friends, does it?", He said.

"Somethings off? What... ", I asked. I know it was none of my business but I still felt like questioning.

"Yaa. But forget it. Friends now?", He asked again.

"Does this mean that you are sorry about whatever happened? ", I asked him.

"No!", he almost immediately replied.

I raised an eyebrow and glared at him.

"See, We both were exactly not good to each other, so we better just wave it off and move on?"

         I thought for sometime and realised that he was right. I wasn't really good to him either.

"Cool. Friends", I said before smiling at him.

He smiled back. His face lit up like a baby. I saw a genuine smile on his face this time.

And for some reason, I felt good too.

●●●

Please comment and tell me. ❤❤

Love you. ❤