[PATRICK] Him And That Damn Phone

About a week ago, your  husband of a little less than two years, Patrick, finally upgraded his old flip phone to a newer smart phone. You never thought he was going to  part with the old thing, it had all of his notes with lyrics that  became some of the band's most popular songs. But he did it.

Shortly after he made the upgrade, he became obsessed with this new phone. You didn't know what he was doing on it, but he was on it ALL the time. In bed, at the  studio, at restaurants the two of you would go out to for a date, during  movie night, everywhere. It wasn't only upsetting you, it was upsetting others too. Especially his band members. So one day, you and the guys decided to play a trick on him and hid his new phone.

You are doing the laundry in the basement of yours and Patrick's house when you hear shuffling upstairs. You can only assume Patrick finally realized his  phone was missing. That's when footsteps rush down the basement stairs and the next you know, Patrick is standing in the doorway of the laundry room, panting. "(Y/N), have...have you seen my phone?"

"No," You answer, pouring the correct amount of detergent into the cap. "Why?"

"I-I can't find it," He replies, taking his fedora off of his head and running his fingers through his hair, "I was wondering if you might know where it is. I've looked everywhere for it and I can't find it."

"Maybe you left it at the studio," You suggest.

His eyes widen and he rushes up to you, giving you a sloppy and quick kiss on the cheek, "You're a life saver, (Y/N)." And with that, he runs away. You smirk.

You pour the liquid into the top-load washer before pulling out your cell phone and calling Pete. He picks up within two rings. "Hello?"

"Hey, Pete. He's going to the studio," You inform him.

"Alright, Joe and Andy are there right now. They'll stall him long enough for me to take his phone to the park and hide it there. Meet me there?"

"Meet you there," You retort, ending the call with your husband's best friend. You slip your phone into the back pocket of your jeans and start the washer up,  walking out of the room and going upstairs to leave.

*****

You are sitting on one of the many park benches with Pete, casually talking to pass the time  until Patrick arrives to retrieve his phone.

"He had it out in front  of him the whole time he was recording the song," Pete discloses to you,  "I asked him what he was doing and he said he was looking at the lyrics, that he was having a hard time remembering which lyrics we were going with. But that's never been a prob-" He cuts himself short when Patrick's car pulls up to the curb and he gets out, seeing the two of you and running over.

"What are you guys doing here?" He questions, his chest rising up and down rapidly as he tries to catch his breath.

"We're just talking," Pete replies, "What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't find my phone at the studio. Andy and Joe told me it might be here." He looks left and right before heaving a sigh, "But how the hell am I supposed to find it here? If I really left it here, someone's probably already taken it by now..."

You and Pete exchange a look before both looking at Patrick who waves his hands, wanting you and  Pete to scooch over so he can sit. You and Pete slide to the sides and Patrick sits in between the two of you.

"I can't believe I lost my phone. I lost everything I was working on."

"What were you working on? A novel?" You joke. Pete laughs and holds out his hand for a fist bump. You return the gesture.

Patrick glares over at you, not finding the humor in your pun. "No, I wasn't writing a novel,  (Y/N). I was working on a new song for you. For our anniversary." You immediately start to feel bad, and so does Pete. "But now that song's gone and..." He covers his face with his hands, "...and I don't know  what I'm going to do now."

Pete looks at you, wordlessly asking you if he can just tell him where his phone is. You nod your head.

Pete nudges your husband and he drops his hands into his lap, looking over at his best friend. "You know, I think I saw a phone by the trash can over there." Pete  points to the trash can where he blatantly hid Patrick's phone. Patrick gasps and runs over to it. You and Pete stand up as he picks up his  phone and looks at it for a little before turning around to face the two  of you, raising the phone triumphantly in the air.

*****

You are lying in bed with Patrick, in his arms. His phone is sitting on the nightstand. "So you were writing a song for me?" You blurt out, breaking the silence  that filled the room. The silence wasn't uncomfortable or anything, you just weren't fond of silences.

"Yeah, I know you've wanted one, so I thought it would be a nice anniversary present."

"Would you have been able to finish it without your phone?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I'm sure I could've. I mean, I remember everything. Lyrics. Chords. Melodies. Everything."

"But you couldn't remember where you left your phone."

"Oh, yeah, I remember  where I left my phone. I just didn't know where you hid it." Your eyes widen and you look up at him to see him looking down at you with a smirk  on his face.

You sit up out of his arms. "You knew?"

He scoffs, "Oh yeah. Whole time. I was just wondering how far you would take it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting you to involve the guys. I must applaud you, though, the park? I guess that was a good place to hide it...if we went to the park recently. But we didn't, so..."

You grab your pillow and smack him with it, making him laugh and grab his pillow, hitting you back playfully.