[PATRICK] First Time He Takes You On Tour - Part Three

Pre-Show Vocal Rest

After sound check, Patrick announced that he was doing his before-show vocal rest. You asked Pete what that meant and he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and told you, "It means you get to hang out with us. Unless you like talking to a wall." That deserved a glare from Patrick.

Since you and the guys have some time to kill before the show, you're hanging out with Pete, Joe, and Andy in the tour bus, playing a card game. Patrick's in the back doing god-knows-what. In the distance you can hear Wiz Khalifa's performance.

"So is it true?" You question, looking at the two cards you were dealt. An ace and a queen. You smirk.

"What's true?" Joe replies before telling Pete to hit him. Pete reaches across the table and smacks Joe across the face. Joe yelps in pain and screams, "Ouch! What the fuck? Not literally, Pete!"

"I know," Pete smirks, "But I just had to. I couldn't miss the opportunity." He slips a card face down across the table you're sitting at to Joe.

"Is it true that I'm the first girlfriend to come on tour with you guys?" You retort as the guitarist picks up his newly dealt card.

"Goddammit!" He shouts, throwing his busted hand of cards down on the table.

"(Y/N)?" Pete asks you what your move is going to be.

"Stay," You tell him, he turns to Andy. Andy looks at his cards.

"And to answer your question, yeah," Joe remarks, crossing his arms, "The four of us kind of made a pact when we first got this tour bus - even before then when we were driving around in that shitty van - that we wouldn't bring any girlfriends with us when we were on tour." He leans in and whispers, "It was really for Pete, you know, because he used to have a new whore every week before he met Ashlee and Meagan."

"I can hear you, you know," Pete snarls.

"You were supposed to," Joe snaps back. Pete glares at him and Joe returns his attention to you, "But Patrick really wanted to bring you along. He said you were different than his previous girlfriends." You blush. "And nothing like the ones Pete tried to bring with us."

"Okay, some of them weren't that bad," The bassist tries to plead his case, "Some of them were kinda nice."

"Key word, kinda."

"I think I'm going to stay too," Andy finally declares.

Pete looks at his own hand and says he'll stay as well. The three of you flip over your hands. You have a blackjack - 21. Andy has 19 and Pete has 18. You smile and grab the pile candy (the game's alternative to poker chips) in the middle of the table, as well as a five dollar bill Joe placed in there because he was sure he was going to win.

Patrick comes out from the back and motions that it's time for them to go on. They stand up and you stay seated, picking through the candy you just won.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Pete calls your name. You look over at them, stuck on the stairs leaving the tour bus. "You coming or what?"

"I didn't think you wanted me to come."

"What are you talking about?" Andy replies. "Who told you that?"

You shrug your shoulders.

"Come on, you can stay backstage and congratulate us when the show's over," Joe persuades you. "Plus there's going to be an awesome after party and you wouldn't want to miss it."

"O-Okay," You stammer, standing up and joining them. You follow them behind the stage and wait in the shadows while they go on. Before going on stage, Patrick kisses you on the lips.

"Wish me luck?" You hear his voice for the first time since sound check.

"Good luck, Patrick," You smile. He kisses you once more before following his friends out on stage. The crowd erupts into a mix of applause and cheering.

You peek around the curtain to see how many people there are - there's a full house from what you can see.

Even though you're not the one performing, your heart rate speeds up and your breathing picks up. You have no idea how Patrick does this.

To Be Continued...?