[PETE/PATRICK] That Not-So-Cliche Imagine Where Both Of Them Like You 3

Patrick hops in the back seat of Andy's car and buckles the seat belt over his chest. He looks over at Pete - who's also sitting in the back since Andy's driving and Joe's in the passenger's seat - and notices him staring at him. "What?"

"Did you find your cell phone?" Pete asks.

Patrick bites his lip. "My phone?"

"Yeah, you said you left your phone in the apartment and that you needed to go in and get it," He reminds him, "Remember?"

"Oh...yeah." He laughs. "I forgot I had it right here the whole time." The singer pulls out his cell phone from his pocket. The three other guys share a collective groan before Andy starts the car up and pulls out of the parking spot they paid extra for because you each have a car and need spaces for all of them. The only one included in your rent is Pete's because it's his name on the lease.

The drive to studio is silent, aside from the music emanating from the radio. One of the band's songs comes on and Patrick begs for them to change it, seeing as he doesn't like hearing his own voice. It's just awkward. But they refuse, and Joe even turns the volume up so loud that people passing by on the street can hear it.

Not too long after, the car pulls into a small parking lot and the four of them walk into the studio, where they're greeted by the receptionist. "Hey guys!"

"Hey, Marie!" Joe replies, jogging up to her desk and leaning on it, "How are you doing?"

Marie is a good friend of theirs. Joe's known her since high school and the rest of them became friends with her when they started getting their songs recorded at the studio. She's invited to come to all of their concerts and always has backstage access, free of charge, and she's never been missing at one of the many after parties.

"I'm good, how are you?" She retorts as the three of them join Joe's side.

"I'm great!" Pete replies, wrapping his arm around Patrick's shoulders and pulling him close, "I think Patrick's finally starting to like (Y/N)." The singer glares at the bassist, but at the same time, his cheeks start to grow a bright red.

"Finally!" Marie exclaims with a wide smile on her face, "How you could not like her, Patrick? She's, like, one of the nicest people I know." She starts playing with one of the pens that had the studio's logo printed on the shaft.

"I don't know. I just don't see what's so great about her," Patrick mutters , failing to subdue the red color that wants to grow on his cheeks.

Truth is, Patrick didn't not like you. Sure, at first, he was a little rude. But it was only because he thought you would do the same thing Pete's last girlfriend, Ashlee, did - make him forget about everything else but her. She made him spend every waking minute with her.

Not that he needs Pete by his side all the time, but the two friends never hung out when Pete was dating her. She was starting to affect the band, and even tried to get Pete to move out of the apartment. So naturally, Patrick thought that you would do the same thing.

However, it turned out that you were nothing like Ashlee. You're cool with how much time Patrick, Pete, Andy, and Joe spend together, how often they're out of the house and how often you're at the apartment alone, all of the constant music being played, everything.

When it comes down to it, Patrick really likes you, but he soon found myself liking you a little too much. And he knows that if he tells Pete finds out that he likes his girlfriend, in a way that's more than a she's-my-best-friend's-girlfriend-and-I-should-like-her-for-the-sake-of-his-and-my-friendship kind of way, he'll hate him.

So...he started acting like he didn't like you. Telling you that your amazing breakfasts were just okay, making remarks that make it seem like he doesn't appreciate you doing his laundry, lying that the bathroom's fine just was the way it is, filth and all... He feels bad, of course, hearing how upset you get behind closed doors, but he can't stop. It's the only way he won't fuck everything up.

"Well you must really be blind or stupid, Patrick, because she's amazing. Anyone can tell you that," Marie says, earning a round of sounds from the guys in agreement.

He heaves an annoyed sigh and crosses his arms over his chest, turning his head to the side.

*****

The four guys return home around midnight, after an entire afternoon and evening spent working on a new song. You're asleep on the couch, the television still on with some show called (your favorite television show). Andy goes directly into the bedroom hallway and into his bedroom, while Joe goes to the kitchen, opening the fridge for a late night snack. Pete sighs and turns off the TV before lightly shaking you awake.

Your eyes flutter open and you look up at your boyfriend. "Oh, hey, you're back!" You sit up on your elbows. "How was it?"

"It was good," He replies before extending his hand out to you. You swing your legs over the side of the couch, place your hand in his, and jump to your feet with the assistance from Pete. You laugh as lose your balance and fall into Pete's chest. He laughs too. Your gaze shifts over at Patrick who's looking at you two and you pull away from Pete.

"Well, I better get going to bed," You announce, looking back at Pete, "Tomorrow I've got an interview. I don't want to show up looking like a zombie." You giggle slightly, receiving a smile from Pete. "Goodnight, guys!" You kiss your boyfriend on the cheek before escaping to yours and his room.

Pete looks over at Patrick and shakes his head, "How could you not like her, man?"

"I just don't, okay?" Patrick snaps back at him. Pete stares at his friend blankly. He scratches behind his neck and heaves a sigh, "I should get going to bed too. I've got some things to do tomorrow too, so...yeah." He brushes past Pete and into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

From his room, Patrick hears Joe ask, "What's his problem?"

"I don't know," Pete answers.

Patrick groans before closing his eyes and sliding down the door until he hits the floor, covering his face with his hands.

To be continued...