[PATRICK] Intervention - Part One

You're sitting on your couch in yours and Patrick's living room. In front of you on the coffee table are three white lines. You roll up a dollar bill so it was a  small, thin tube and leaned in, but before you could snort the drug, Patrick walks in through the front door.

He hangs his coat and turns to see you, groaning when he sees what you're about to do, "Really, (Y/N)?"

You set the rolled-up dollar bill down and sit back on the couch, crossing your arms, averting your gaze to the side to avoid his.

"Where did you even get that? You know what, second though, I don't care. I don't want to know."  He walks over to the table and wipes the coke off the table and into his hand.

"Hey..." You whine as he walks away with the powder in the palm of his hand. "Hey!" You shout as  you stand up and follow him, watching as he opens the garbage and  throws it away. "Patrick!" You scream, opening the garbage back up. You wanted to try and save it but it was useless.

"(Y/N), I can't stand  seeing you do things like this!" Patrick cries, grabbing you on the shoulders and turning you so you're facing him, "You need to stop doing  this to yourself!"

"I can't just stop, Patrick," You say, turning away from him, "It's not as simple as just stopping. If it was, I would, but I can't. And you don't get that!"

"You're right. I don't. But you know what? I have a story to tell you." You roll your eyes. "It's a good one. Trust me. A few years back, in 2006, Pete was in your shoes. And you know where he was headed? He was headed straight to his grave. But you know what? 2007 came around and he made it to  twenty-eight. He made it past twenty-seven. I want you to be able to do the same. But if you keep doing this..." His voice trails off and you can see the tears forming in his eyes.

He blinks away the tears  before continuing to say, "If you keep doing this, (Y/N), you're going  to end up killing yourself. And-And I don't...I don't know what I'd do  if you...if you killed yourself because...because..." He doesn't even finish his sentence before brushing past you and up the stairs, slamming a door behind him.

*****

"I made him cry, Derek," You tell one of your friends who gets your drugs for you (you're at his house, with the intention of getting more of the cocaine Patrick threw away, but it's turned more into a one-sided therapy session). You shake your head and run your fingers through your hair, "I made him fucking cry."

"Why are you still with the guy anyways?" He replies, heating up the end of the pipe. He blows out a stream of white smoke and coughs, smiling because of the euphoria he achieved.

"Because I love him. He means the world to me. It's just-"

"Want a hit?" He interrupts you, extending the pipe out to you as he continues to cough and smile.

You shake your head and push his hand away from you, "No."

"No?"

"I've got to quit, Derek."

He laughs, and puts the  pipe back up to his lips, "You? Quitting? What? Did that guy knock you up or something?" He breathes in deeply, inhaling more of the  methamphetamine.

You scoff and stand up, "You're so ignorant sometimes. Why do I even hang out with you?"

"Because I give you what you want," Derek answers, being brutally honest. You roll your eyes - he was right. He once again offers you a hit, "Come on, you know you want it. Plus it's the good stuff, guaranteed to me by the guy I got it from. He's one of the top sellers exclusive to you Hollywood people."

You chuckle, "Just because Patrick and I live in L.A. doesn't mean we're 'Hollywood People'."

"Just take it, (Y/N),"  Derek shoves the pipe at you for a third and final time. You heave a sigh and put the pipe to your lips, Derek heating the drug inside for you.

*****

"Guys, I'm really worried about her," Patrick confides in Pete, Joe, and Andy. The four of them are at the studio where Patrick called them to meet up at. "I just don't know what to do anymore. Everything I say to her means nothing.  It goes in one ear and right out the other."

"What do you want us to do?" Andy inquires, his tone showing he's genuinely concerned.

"I don't know. I just want to get through to her that if she keeps living like this that she's going to...to..." Patrick can't finish his sentence as tears are brought back to his eyes. He covers his face with his hands. Joe pats him on the shoulder.

Patrick takes in a deep breath and drops his hands into his lap, "I just don't know how."

"Maybe I could talk to her," Pete suggests.

Patrick meets his gaze, "Really?"

"Yeah. I'd be happy to. I  know exactly what she's going through and I'm sure I can...what did you  say...get it through to her that if she keeps doing what she's doing  she's going to die?"

Patrick does a small nod of the head, not comfortable using the word "die" when it comes to talking about you.

"Alright, I'll talk to her tonight."

To Be Continued...