[PATRICK/ALL OF THEM] I'm Not Afraid

Suggested by uniquestorytelling/parksandsex...(Sorry it's taken so long!)

You, Pete, and Joe are standing over Andy, the four of you staring at the computer screen that's illuminating all of your faces. "New York City," Andy reads off of the screen, "There's been sightings of men and women covered in blood with yellow eyes roaming around. They tend to hang out in The Phoenix, a hole in the wall bar. Witnesses says the presumed leader has a hook for a hand and, when any of them come across someone listening to or playing music, they violently murders them. Here's a photo of the alleged leader."

"Hey, the leader looks a lot like..." Joe begins to say when you interrupt him.

"Yeah, I know," You retort, "Maybe it's him, for real this time."

"I hope so," Pete remarks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Looks like we're going to New York City, then," Andy replies, smirking and looking up at the three of you towering over him.

*****

"Why are we still wearing these?" Joe complains as the four of you step off of one of the subway cars. You glance down at the tacky tan jumpsuit you've adorned yourself with that resembles that of a janitor's and shrug your shoulders.

"Because it's all we got, dipshit," Pete retorts coldly, "And besides, they protect us and it's not like we wear them all the time, so what's the problem?"

"Everyone's going to know who we are," He argues, Andy walking forward and dragging the three of you along without even having to ask, "Shouldn't we be blending in? Not standing out? How else are we supposed to get into the bar without seeming suspicious?"

"Just like we do with every other case," You join the conversation, "We just barge in." You pull out the gun you had hidden in your boot and check that it's loaded.

"Into a bar full of possessed psychopaths? No thank you."

"Oh for god's sake, Joe," Andy chimes in, glancing back over his shoulder at the three of you, "Stop being such a a pussy. You're acting like this is your first time doing this." You and Pete burst into laughter while Joe's cheeks grow a deep shade of red, the four of you making your way up to the New York City streets and squeezing into the sea of people filling the sidewalks.

You and the guys stand at the subway's entrance for a little bit before Andy motions you forward, leading you to The Phoenix. Once there, the four of you share a glance before Andy kicks open the door, stopping the conversations and laughter that filled the air almost immediately. All eyes are drawn to the four of you.

"Where is he?" Pete shouts, aiming his gun at the demonic bar-goers and wearing a menacing expression on his face.

"Where is who?" A woman with messy, dark brown, curly hair and yellow eyes matching those of her leader replies, stepping forward and crossing her arms over her chest.

"You know who we're talking about," You answer her question, joining Pete's side and matching his stance, "So you better tell us now, before we kill you all."

"Oh look, Little Miss Ghostbuster thinks she can kill us," She sneers, "We're not scared of you."

"Leave her alone, Elisa," A deep voice chastises her. The four of you get into a ready stance as the head man of the evil group emerges from behind his minions. His eyes glow a brilliant shade of yellow and a glare is plastered on his face as he walks up to your small group. "Put your guns down," He commands you. You and the guys remain still, keeping your guards up. "I SAID PUT YOUR GUNS DOWN!" He yells, punching down Pete's gun to the ground and breathing heavily. You, Andy, and Joe drop yours without hesitation.

"What happened to you, Patrick?" Joe dares to ask, frightened by his friend's newly acquired behavior.

"What happened was that I found people who actually care about me," He answers the guitarist's question coldly, the girl he identified as Elisa walking up beside him. He wraps his arm around her and pulls her into his side, staring you right in the eyes. "Unlike you."

You swallow the lump in your throat and clench your fists by your sides, trying to keep yourself from retaliating - verbally or physically.

"Patrick, we didn't know where you went," Andy murmurs in an attempt to get him to understand your guys's side of the story. "It's not like you left any clues for us or anything."

"Well it doesn't matter, because I'm better off without you bastards anyways," He growls, the yellow in his eyes glowing brighter.

You glare at him in disgust. This isn't the man you fell in love with, the man you were ready to devote your life to. This man is someone else, someone completely different, someone you resent.

Within the blink of an eye, you bend down and cock the gun, aiming it at Patrick. In the same moment, Patrick releases Elisa and shoots his hands outward, his free hand wrapping around the one that's been replaced with the infamous hook and the tip of the sharp object hovering over Pete's head. "I wouldn't don't that if I were you, (Y/N)," The former singer warns you, "Because don't underestimate me, I will kill Pete."

"I'd like to see you try," You test him, knowing he won't be able to do it.

You and Patrick have a stare off before he lowers his hands and takes a step away from the bassist. You put your gun down as well, still holding it tightly in your hands though. A blanket of silence falls over the entire bar before it's ripped back off, the singer screaming and swinging at you, lodging the hook into your side, cutting right through the suit you're wearing. Pete shouts and picks up his gun, the other two men doing the same and starting to shoot at Patrick's army of demons who - without any orders - start to fight back.

Patrick yanks the hook out from your side, a gush of blood trying to follow after it. You drop the gun you held in your hands and slowly cripple to your knees, the immediate and large loss of blood making you woozy. The man you once loved just stares at you while you bleed out, hatred in his eyes while tears fill yours. "You're right," He mutters, tilting your head back with his fingers as the chaos around the two of you intensifies, blood-curdling shrieks ringing in your ears and gunshots being fired, "I couldn't kill Pete, but I could kill you." He raises both of his hands in the air, ready to strike down his hook, when a gunshot is administered to his side, sending him to the ground.

"C'mon," You hear Andy say, the barrel of his gun smoking as he slips it into his back pocket and bends down, slipping his arms underneath your armpits and picking you up, "We're going to get you help."

"But...But..." You croak, tasting blood in your mouth as Andy drags you out of the bar.

"Don't worry about them, they'll catch up with us," He assures you.

*****

You're lying in a hospital bed, Andy sitting beside you - leaned over with his elbows resting on the tops of his thighs - when Pete and Joe rush in, their chests rising up and down from running to see you. "Is she going to be okay?" Joe inquires, putting his hands on his hips as he tries to catch his breath.

"I'll be fine," You tell him, your voice barely above a whisper, "I just need to stay here for a while."

"We're lucky she didn't die on the spot," Andy tacks on, straightening his posture a little bit in the chair, "His hook missed everything important." The drummer hangs his head. "I just can't believe he would do something like this, especially to (Y/N)."

"It's not him doing it, it's whoever did that to him," Pete suggests, walking up to you and sitting down at the foot of the bed, "Maybe he's still in there."

"I doubt it," You detest dejectedly.

"Hey, we have to stay optimistic, (Y/N)," Joe retorts, approaching your bedside and squatting down so that he's looking up at you, "Remember when he first went missing? We thought we'd never find him. But look what happened - we did. Sure, it took a while and a lot of looking into things, but maybe another miracle will happen and we'll find out that the old Patrick's still in there."

"You really think so?"

He nods his head. "I know so."