[PATRICK] Let's Go Somewhere - Part One

Author's Note: I wrote this imagine after watching Jurassic World for the first time, and hopefully I'll finish the "mini-series" this time around. Hope you like it! -Rachael

You're sitting in your  living room, playing with your three year old son, Ethan, when Patrick comes in, plops down on the couch, and heaves a loud sigh to attract  your attention, which he succeeds in. You glance over your shoulder at him, a smirk on your face, "What is it this time, Patrick?"

"I'm boooooored," He complains.

"Then why don't you join Ethan and me? We haven't gotten that far into the game, I'm sure you can catch up."

"I don't want to play Candyland. I've played that a hundred times and every time either you or Ethan beats me, and it's usually Ethan!" He pouts and crosses his arms,  "I want to go somewhere. Do something."

"We could always go to that new theme park everyone's been raving about," You suggest, standing  up from the floor where you were sitting and sitting down on the couch beside your husband. "My brother works there and I'm sure he could get  us passes or something."

"What theme park?" He asks you.

"Jurassic World," You tell him and his face immediately flushes of all color. "What? What's that face for?"

"You want to go to Jurassic World?"

You give him a bizarre look, not understanding why your idea was so bad, "Yeah, why not?"

"Um, maybe because there's dinosaurs there," He replies sassily, standing up and turning to  face you, "I don't want to go somewhere where you, or Ethan, or me  might get eaten. Or attacked. Or both!"

"Patrick," You rise to  your feet and place your hands on his shoulders, "Nobody's going to get eaten or attacked. They've got the dinosaurs contained and under control."

"That's what they have  you thinking," Patrick retorts, starting to sound like a mad man, "But the next you know, you're standing in the gift shop and then BAM!" He shouts, grabbing you by the upper arms, "A pterodactyl comes breaking in  through the glass dome above your head and picks you up by their feet  and carries you away to tear you to pieces, eat you, and then regurgitate your chewed up limbs into the mouths of their little  pterodactyl children!"

You scoff and push him away from you, "That's disgusting, Patrick! You shouldn't be saying that kind of stuff around Ethan." The two of you look down at your son who's staring up at the two of you, somewhat clueless as to what was going on. Patrick looks back at you and crosses his arms

You sigh, "Come on, Patrick. None of that stuff is going to happen. Plus, I think it'll be really fun. We haven't gone on vacation together in a while."

He shakes his head no.

"Why not?" You put your  hands on your hips, "You said you wanted to go somewhere and do  something. Well, this would going somewhere and doing something."

"Yeah, but I don't want to go to Jurassic World to die!"

You roll your eyes, "You know what? I don't care. I'm calling up my brother and we're going to  Jurassic World. And we're not going to get eaten or attacked. We're going to enjoy ourselves and have a really good time. Okay?"

Patrick groans and falls back on the couch. You shake your head and walk out of the room to call your brother.

*****

You and Patrick get off of the tram that brought you into the theme park, Ethan in Patrick's arms as you scan the crowd of hundreds of people for your brother. He  told you he would be there to meet up with you. You cross your arms and bite your lip, wondering where the hell he could be.

Just as you're about to give up, you spot him. "Owen!" You exclaim, leaving Patrick's side and  rushing up to your older brother, hugging him tightly. He hugs you back. 

"(Y/N), you look amazing," He compliments you as you and he step out of the embrace.

"I could say the same about you," You reply.

Patrick's making his way over to you, struggling to carry your bags along while at the same time holding Ethan.

"Is that your husband?" Owen asks, pointing to him. You nod your head and he immediately goes to help him.

"How long has it been since we last saw each other?" You call out to Owen, meeting Patrick and him half way.

"I don't know...four  years?" He replies, picking up yours and Patrick's bags. Patrick thanks  him and Owen nods his head, flashing him a smile.

"I thought it was seven," You remark as the four of you start walking.

Owen shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know. However long it was...it was too long. You need to visit me more often."

"You need to visit me more often," You retort, "I can't be dropping everything and coming to see you like I used to. I'm married and I've got a kid now." You motion to Patrick and Ethan.

"So you're the husband," Owen says to Patrick, "I've heard a lot about you."

This is the first time  Owen's met Patrick. He didn't come to your wedding because he was away,  serving the country in the navy. He couldn't make it in and wouldn't stop apologizing to you for not being there, although you completely understood and weren't mad at him. The two of you are really close and  it's a shame you've grown apart over the years.

"Hopefully only good," Patrick retorts, followed by a nervous chuckle.

Your brother laughs along, never really confirming Patrick's suspicion. He guides you and Patrick to a hotel room and, after setting your bags down, tells you he's got to go back to work but he'll meet you later tonight and take the three of you to his little place in the park where he's taken temporary residence. You nod your head and hug him goodbye. Owen leaves and closes the door behind him.

Patrick sets Ethan down on the ground and your son immediately rushes over to the large floor-to-ceiling window looking out at the park, putting his hands on the glass and gawking over the vast amount of trees and habitats he can see in the distance. Patrick joins your side and crosses his arms over his chest, "I still don't like this idea, (Y/N). I don't feel safe  here."

"Oh give it a break, Patrick, there are tens of thousands of people here and none of them have been eaten or attacked yet," You assure him, annoyed with him, "You need to stop worrying and just try to have some fun." You walk over to the coffee table and sit down on the couch, picking up one of the  brochures and opening it. "I mean there's a ton of cool exhibits we can go to and there's even this Gyrosphere ride where you get to see a bunch of different dinosaurs up close. So why don't you take a look at this  and see what you want to do? And we'll do whatever you want to first, okay?" You ask, looking up at him.

He rolls his eyes and makes his way over to you, snatching the pamphlet out of your hands and  sitting down beside you, reading the tri-fold over for himself.

Just then, Ethan calls out to you, "Hey, Mommy! Look at the big monster coming towards us!"

You turn your head and see Ethan pointing out the window, a large dinosaur stomping his way  through the trees to get to the room you were staying in. That's weird, I didn't think they allowed dinosaurs out of their paddocks, you think to yourself as you slowly rise to your feet.

The dinosaur unhinges its jaw, letting out a blood-curdling roar before turning around, its tail swinging high in the air. Time seems to slow down for you as you  see the end of the tail coming closer and closer and closer to the window...

"ETHAN! NO!"

To Be Continued...