[PATRICK] His New Girlfriend - Part Three

The five of you are sitting in your living your room and talking about what you should do about Patrick. Well, more or so the four of them are talking, you're kind of just sitting there, not really listening to what they were saying. Instead, you're staring at a picture of you and Patrick before you started cheating on him.

" 'No one will find out,' " You mutter to yourself, mocking what Pete said to you the day you ruined your relationship with Patrick, " 'I promise.' " You laugh under your breath, "What a fucking load of bullshit that was...and for me to believe him..."

"What do you think we should do, (Y/N)?" Pete asks you, snapping you out of your daze.

"Huh?"

"I said, what do you think we should do, (Y/N)?" He repeats his question, a little irritability in his voice.

"Uh..." You set the picture you had in your hands down on the end table, "Why don't we split up? Go to all the places we think he would be...obviously we should go to different places...don't want to all end up the same place, right?"

"That idea's actually not half bad," Joe remarks, nodding his head in agreement.

"Let's go then, we don't want to waste any time," Elisa rises to her feet, followed by everyone else. You stand up last, looking at the picture one last time.

You're startled when a hand is placed on your shoulder. The hand belongs to Pete.

"You ready?" He questions.

You nod your head, "Just give me a minute, okay?"

"Okay." He stands there for a little before adding, "We're going to find him, (Y/N). I'm going to his house, Joe and Andy are going to the studio, and E-"

"Yeah, got it," You cut him off.

"Where are you going to go?"

"Well...it's kind of a  secret. If I told you, then I'd have to kill you," You joke in a sad attempt to lighten the mood. But the mood is too serious to lighten. Patrick's missing, and for all you know, he could be dead, hanging  lifelessly from a ceiling fan or in a closet, a rope tied around his  neck. And all because you were jealous and couldn't be happy for him that he found another girl. A girl that could've been the one for him.

Pete smirks, looking at  your lips before returning his gaze back to your eyes, "Well if that's  the case, I guess I'll just have to hope that, if he's not at any of the places we're going to, he's at the place you're going to."

*****

You pull your car into a  deserted parking lot where weeds are growing through the cracks in the  pavement. You turn your car off and see a person in the distance, standing in front of the water. They're skipping stones.

You get out of your car and make your way over to the person. The cold air hits your face and  blows your hair off of your shoulders. The sand crunches beneath your  feet as you walk onto the lonely beach, you and the person facing away  from you the only ones there.

"Patrick?" You call out, though your voice shy and timid. God knows how awkward it would be if it was another.

The person looks back at you and, to your relief, it's Patrick. His eyes narrow and he returns his attention back out to the water. He chucks a stone and it skips three times before sinking into the water.

"What are you doing here, (Y/N)?" He asks you without looking back.

You join his side, repeating his question to him, "What are you doing here?"

"Skipping stones," He answers blankly, "Care to join me?" You nod your head and he hands you a few stones.

"I haven't heard from you in weeks," You comment, "None of us have. We're worried sick about you." You throw the stone into the water - four skips.

"How'd you know I was here?" He inquires, taking his turn. Five skips.

You shrug your shoulders, murmuring, "I didn't. I'm just lucky. Plus, you know, this is our  place." Six skips. "I remember you and me used to come here all the  time. Whenever we were upset, or sad, sometimes even when we were happy,  just for the sake of coming here."

You don't notice, but the corner of his lip perks up. Seven skips.

"Patrick, I can't tell you how sorry I am," You say, turning towards him.

He doesn't respond, only throws another rock. This one only skips five times.

You hang your head and  say, "You know, I honestly thought that you might've killed yourself."  He glances over at you. "Just because of that time when we were in the  car, on the way to your high school reunion, and you told me that...that if it weren't for me, you would've killed yourself. And that if you  were to lose me, you would die. You would try and kill yourself.  And...And I-" You look away as if that would hide the fact you're crying.

Patrick sets down the rest of the rocks he had in his hands down on the ground and approaches  you, enveloping you in a hug. You break down in his arms.

"(Y/N)..." He runs your back comfortingly, "Shh. Don't cry. Please don't cry."

"I-I just love you so  much, Patrick!" You cry, "And I was so fucking s-s-stupid to betray you  like that. I didn't realize how much you mean to me and...and now I do and...I know you said sorry wasn't going to cut it this time but please...accept my apology. I don't care if you take me back or not. I just need you to forgive me. I regret ever sleeping with Pete and if I could, I'd go back in time and change everything. Please, Patrick, forgive me. That's all I want. It's all I need."

"(Y/N), I can't." You  look up at him with red and puffy eyes. "I already told you I'm not forgiving you this time and I meant that. You hurt me in the worst kind  of way and I honestly don't think there's enough time in both of our lives for me to find a way to excuse you for what you've done."

You step out of his  embrace and wipe under your eyes, "Well then I guess this goodbye, huh?" He just stares at you, not saying a word.

You take in a quick breath, trying to keep what little dignity you still have left, before turning away to leave. But before you can get far, Patrick calls out to you, "No it's not, (Y/N)."

You glance over your shoulder, your eyes still stinging from crying.

He takes a few steps towards you and slips his hands into his pockets, shortening the distance between you and him. "I may not be able to forgive you for a long time, but...I might give you a second chance."

"Really?" You croak.

"Yeah. I mean...I'm a  n-n-nervous wreck without you," He chuckles sadly, rubbing behind his neck, smiling humbly at you, "You're my one and only, (Y/N), and I don't know what I was thinking or who I was trying to kid when I tried to  date Elisa."

"She seemed nice, though," You mutter, the corner of your lip perking up ever so slightly.

"Oh she was. Really nice. Nicest girl I've ever met... But she's not the one for me. You are."

Your eyes brim with tears for what seems like the millionth time since the party.

"Come here," He says,  holding out his hands and bending his fingers. You walk towards him and he pulls you into another hug. "Don't ever do something like that to me  again, okay? Or next time, I'm serious, I won't forgive you and I won't move on." He kisses you on the head. You smile.

The two of you stand there for a little more in each other's arms, before you and him leave the beach that means so much more than just a beach to you.