[PATRICK] His Birthday Wish - Part Two

Patrick puts his hands on your hips and pulls you closer to him. You put your hands on his  shoulders as the two of you move your lips in sync with one another's.

His hands trail to your back as he pulls you even closer than you already were.

Kissing your best friend was already weird enough, but not as weird as how much you were  enjoying it. How much you liked that his lips taste like cake. How much you liked that the touch of his fingers drives you crazy like no other man's has.

You pull away from the kiss to catch your breath and look into his green eyes, your heart pounding against your chest and your mind spinning.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asks you worriedly.

You shake your head no, smiling at his genuine concern.

He grins and tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear, "Has anyone told you how beautiful you are?"

"I've had a few guys  tell me it, but they were only trying to get in my pants," You retort  honestly, averting your gaze go your feet, "They didn't really mean it."

"Well I do," He slips his hand underneath your jawline and leans in again, kissing you again. This kiss is soft and gentle. He pulls away and looks into your eyes  compassionately, his hand still cupped around your cheek. "Gosh, (Y/N)."

You giggle, "What?"

"I just...I kind of wish I never even bothered myself with Elisa. Or any other girls. Because what I wanted was in front of me this whole time." Your cheeks grow a bright red color as you wrap your hand around his. "Can I trade my wish for that?"

You smirk, "I don't think that's how wishes work, Patrick."

He heaves a sigh and rests his forehead against yours, "I wish they did."

"I know you do," You reply, running your hand through his hair, connecting your lips with his again. The two of you stumble your way into the living room where you fall down on the couch, never once letting go of each other. Because of the way you fell, he ends up underneath you.

Just as you begin to inch the bottom of his shirt up to slip it off of him, he breaks the kiss. "(Y/N). Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

He turns his head to the side and sighs, "Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like nothing?"

You smirk, "Is that a Perks Of Being A Wallflower reference?"

"I don't know. Maybe. I've never read the book. But I'm serious, why do we?"

"I don't know. I guess we accept the love we think we deserve," You answer, sitting up off of him. He sits up after you.

There's a short pause before he adds, "Then why do we think so low of ourselves?"

You hang your head and twiddle your thumbs in your lap, "I don't know."

"Maybe you and I should  try something new," He spontaneously suggests. You look over at him.  "How about from now on we only pick people who treat us like we deserve to be treated? Like how I treat you and how you treat me?"

You chuckle, "So that basically narrows my options down to you."

He shrugs his shoulders, "I mean if you find someone who knows you like I do, then go for it. But I highly doubt you'll find someone like me."

"Well yeah. You're one in a million, Patrick," You tell him.

"Well you're one in a billion," He retorts.

"Oh shut up," You reply, "I'm sure there are thousand of girls out there just like me. Falling for all the wrong guys and getting her heart broken time and time  again..."

"Okay, yeah. But only  one of those girls is my best friend and isn't going to make that  mistake ever again." He takes your hands in his and asks, "Are you sure I can't change my wish?"

"Why? What do you want to change it to now?"

"I want to change it so that you never get your heart broken again. I don't want you making the  same mistakes I do. You deserve to be happy." He looks into your eyes and the corner of his lip curls up, "I don't care about you being mine anymore. I mean, it'd be awesome and all, but...I just want you to be happy, (Y/N). Whether that's me or not."

Tears waver in your eyes as you pull him into a tight hug, crying into his shoulder. He wraps his arms around you and pulls you close, kissing you on the head.

*****

You wake up to the sun shining directly in your face. You're lying on the couch with Patrick, him behind you with his arm wrapped around you, holding you close to him. You never left last night like you had intended.

After you calmed down  from crying, the two of you just decided to have a movie night ("like old times") and you ended up falling asleep. You have no idea how you ended up in Patrick's arms though.

You slowly peel his arm away from you and slip out from his hold. You sit up and yawn.

You stand up and walk into the kitchen where you prepare a pot of coffee and make Patrick a quick breakfast. Nothing too special but something a little more special than a bowl of cereal. You set a plate for him up on the table and smile, proud of yourself.

You walk back into the living room and notice that Patrick is still asleep. He looks like an angel when he sleeps. You smirk, walking over to him. You bend down and kiss him on the the forehead. "Happy Birthday, Patrick," You whisper, pushing his hair out of his before you sneak out of his apartment.

You close the door behind yourself and lean against it, closing your eyes.

I want to change it so that you never get your heart broken again.

I just want you to be happy, (Y/N). Whether that's me or not.

To Be Continued...