[PATRICK - RQ] Care To Share?

Requested by EmmaLouiseWendelken...

You're sitting in a lecture hall, mindlessly twirling your hair around your finger and staring across the room at the man who's kept your attention since the start of freshman year. You're a junior in college now, and you've always had at least one class with him. The way he'll occasionally look in your direction with that irresistible smile on his face, and the way he gives the professor sass anytime he's called out for having his earbuds in during the class, it makes your heart flutter.

"You know," A whisper tickles your ear, sending a slight shiver down your spine, "Staring at him isn't going to get him in your pants."

You scoff and turn your head, looking over at your small group of friends who just so happen to all be guys - three guys named Pete, Joe, and Andy.

Pete - who whispered in your ear - was the boisterous one, the one who always got the four of you in trouble and had a sock hanging from his dorm's doorknob nearly every day. Joe was the goofball, the one who made a joke of everything and never wore a frown on his face. And then there was Andy, your favorite of the three and the one who couldn't hurt a fly. The four of you are all different, yet you all make it work and you've been friends for a long time.

"I don't want him to get in my pants," You mutter back, a redness creeping up in your cheeks.

"Oh don't lie to us, (Y/N)," Joe interjects, leaning forward in his seat so that he can see you and you can see the smirk stretched across his face, "When you were shitfaced drunk the other night, you told us about how you want him to-"

"Mr. Trohman!" The professor booms, bringing everyone's gazes to you and the guys and removing every bit of sound in the room, "Care to share what's going on up there that's more important than my lesson?"

You tilt your head down and swallow the lump in your throat, the room heating up as the class's anticipation of Joe's answer grows. You glance over at your crush and see his eyes locked on yours, the corner of his lip curled up into a small grin. You can't help the smile that crawls onto your face in return.

There's just something about him that drives you crazy, in a good way of course. Maybe it's the fact that he's a mystery to you.

You haven't brought yourself to talk to him yet. You don't know anything about him. All you know is his name, "Mr. Stump," and even then that's all it is. You don't know what his first name is, you don't know what his major is, and you definitely don't know what his relationship status is. You're hoping he's single (obviously).

"Well not with you," Joe replies confidently to the professor, pushing his chair out so that he can kick back, setting his feet on top of the desk and resting his hands on his stomach. A round of reactions spreads across the halls, a combination of gasps and murmurs, either impressed or astonished by your friend's response.

"Well it wasn't so much a question, Mr. Trohman, as it was a request," The professor sneers, stepping out from behind his podium and clasping his hands behind his back, "Or you can kiss your passing C in the class goodbye."

Joe looks at the three of you, his eyes locked on Pete's the longest, before he drops his feet back down to the ground and stands up. "You want to know what's more important than your stupid lecture on Organic Chemistry, Mr. Flanders?" The curly haired man you're starting to regret becoming friends with points his index finger down at you. "This woman, here, has had a crush on that man, right over there..." His finger moves over to the blonde who slowly pulls his earbud out of his ear, a worried expression appearing on his face, "...for nearly three years now. And she hasn't done a single thing about it!"

"Joe!" You whisper angrily, reaching over Pete and tugging at his pant leg, "Sit the fuck back down before I kill you!"

"That man could be the love of her life for all we know," He continues, disregarding your embarrassed plea, "I mean, he's told me he likes her, but he's afraid to admit it because he's dating a girl who's insane and is scared to leave her!"

"I'm not insane!" A female voice joins the conversation, a girl with long, curly, dark brown hair standing up.

"Oh shut up, Elisa," Pete interjects, folding his arms and rolling his eyes, "Don't even try to tell us you're not insane, because we all know you are. Do you remember what happened last year at the Halloween party we threw?"

"I'm getting out of here," You murmur to yourself, scooping your books into your arms and slinging your backpack over your shoulder before you make a break for the door. Your casual walk that you tried to maintain to make any onlookers believe nothing was wrong eventually evolved into a jog, and then a run, the embarrassment building up inside of you becoming too much to handle.

You find your way to your dorm and throw your belongings onto your bed, slamming the door shut and falling against it. You cover your reddening face with your hands and slide down the door to the floor, where you break down.

You liked your crush on your mysterious classmate. It was exciting, thrilling, and it kept you wanting to come to class every day. But now that was all ruined, thanks to your so-called friends.

To snap you out of the thoughts clouding your mind, a knock rattles against the door, followed by an unfamiliar voice.

"Hey, um, (Y/N)?"

"Go away!" You shout back, "I'm not here!"

"Yes you are. It's me, Patrick," The visitor explains, "I'm the guy you have a crush on." Your eyes grow wide in horror. "Andy told me where I could find you. I want to talk."

You keep your lips pressed tightly together, tears spilling from your eyes and streaming down your cheeks.

"Okay, I'll talk and you can listen," He continues, heaving a sigh, "What Joe said about me liking you, it's true. I've liked you for a while now. That Halloween party Pete brought up? I was there, and when I was there, I saw the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I didn't even know it was Andy sitting beside me, but I nudged him in the arm and asked him if he knew who that beautiful girl was. He told me it was you, and ever since that night, I haven't stopped thinking about you. The more I thought about you, the more I started falling for you. And I just...I never did anything because I was afraid Elisa might do something to you if I left her. But..."

You wipe underneath your eyes and jump to your feet, pulling the door open and muttering, "But what?"

"I'm not afraid anymore," He answers, his cheeks growing pink, "I'm going to leave her, and right afterwards, I'm going to do what Joe told me to do a long time ago and take you on a date."

You sniffle. "But-"

"But what?" He teases you, grinning widely and causing you to smile too.

Maybe what happened wasn't so bad.