[PATRICK] Irresistible - Part Two

Patrick pulls into the driveway of his house and turns the car off. He gets out and slams his car door behind him. He pulls out his keys from his pocket and begins flipping through them as he approaches the front door, but before he can find the correct key, the door opens from the inside.

"Where were you, Patrick?" The person who opened the door asks him angrily.

"I was out," He answers sheepishly, pushing past the person and entering his house. He takes off his coat and hangs it up.

"You were with her again, weren't you?" The person follows up, closing the door behind them and spinning around so they were facing him.

"You know, just because I leave the house to go out doesn't always mean I went to see her."

"Well did you?"

His cheeks blush a deep shade of red.

"Patrick!"

"I can't help it, Elisa!" He screams at her, frustrated at both her and himself, "I just can't..." He murmurs, making his way into the kitchen, where he picks up the mail on the counter and begins to look through it.

"Because you don't try, Patrick," She follows him in there, standing on the opposite side of the island so she was facing him.

"What's the point? It's not like you care..." He slams the mail back down on the counter and turns away from her, opening the fridge and scanning the shelves for something to eat.

"What? No! Patrick, I care a lot about you! I am your wife, after all."

He closes the fridge and spins around, crossing his arms, "Yeah, but the only reason we're still married is because a divorce would bring us a lot of unwanted attention from the tabloids and the paparazzi. And when they find out that the reason we divorced is because I've been seeing someone else - not to mention that you've been seeing someone else as well - they're going to go into a frenzy. A frenzy you and I both don't need right now."

"Just because we're seeing other people doesn't mean that I don't care about you, Patrick."

He rolls his eyes, "Of course it does, Elisa! It means that we don't care enough about each other to keep one another company anymore. It means we don't care enough about the other person that we choose to invest ourselves in someone else's life. You don't care about me and I don't care about you. It's as simple as that."

Elisa hangs her head, the words hurting her more than she anticipated. A blanket of silence falls over the house for a long time before she mutters, "Okay, whatever. Believe what you want. But I thought you told me last time you went to see her was going to be the last one ever." She looks up and meets Patrick's gaze, "She hurts you, Patrick, and you don't seem to notice. Even when people tell you she's not good for you, you seem to ignore them. What they tell you goes in one ear and out the other. Is that why you keep going back?" She leans on the island, "I just want to know why, Pat."

"I already told you! I can't help it!"

"But you can! You just don't want to!" He scoffs and shakes his head, averting his gaze away from her. "Patrick, she makes you miserable! Just look at yourself!" She waves her hand in his direction, "You're on edge, you yelled at me for asking you where you were, and I bet you you're about to cry because you don't want to admit to yourself that she does this to you. She makes you a completely different person, hon!"

He blinks away the tears in his eyes, not responding to her.

Elisa walks around the counter and over to him, pulling him into a hug to which he doesn't return. "I want you...No, I need you to stop seeing her, Patrick," She whispers softly, "I hate seeing you like this."

"I can't, Elisa," He mutters in response.

"Yes, you-"

"NO I CAN'T!" He booms, pushing his wife away from him. She stumbles backwards and falls into the island. "It's not that simple! You don't understand!"

"What don't I understand?" She finally breaks down and yells back at him, stooping to his level seeing as her approach at being nice hadn't worked, "That this girl you're seeing isn't just some girl? That the two of you were friends and then one little mistake changed everything? And then that one mistake exploded into a million more mistakes? Or is that you're afraid to leave her because she'll hurt herself like she did that one time?" By now Elisa and Patrick were nose to nose, staring intensely into each other's eyes, a tension residing between the two of them.

Patrick is struck silent.

"You know she only did that to keep you under her thumb..." Elisa continues to say, "She's so condescending and manipulative and you don't seem to see that!"

He sighs, "(Y/N)'s not-"

"And the worst part of it all, Patrick, is that you let her manipulate you. You let her step all over you. And for what? A cheap fuck that I don't want to give you?"

Patrick huffs, "You honestly think the only reason I see her is for a cheap fuck?"

"Well why else would see her?"

He shakes his head and brushes past her, heading upstairs, "Whatever, Elisa."

"Whatever?" She repeats, trailing after him.

"Yeah, whatever, that's what I said, are you deaf?" He retorts, stomping up the stairs.

"You know what, Patrick? GET OUT!" She screams, running to the bottom of the stairs. He stops at the top step and looks back at her, "I'M THROUGH WITH YOU AND PRETENDING THAT IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT THAT YOU KEEP GETTING HURT TIME AND TIME AGAIN! WHEN YOU FINALLY REALIZE THAT SHE'S NOTHING BUT A WASTE OF YOUR TIME, YOU CAN COME BACK HOME. BUT UNTIL THEN, GET OUT! JUST LEAVE!"

Elisa storms back into the kitchen, leaving Patrick petrified on the top step, his mind spinning as he tries to wrap his head around what just happened.

To Be Continued...