[PATRICK] Let's Go Somewhere - Part Two

Time seems to slow down for you as you see the end of the tail coming closer and closer and closer to the window...

"ETHAN! NO!"

You lunge forward and pull your son away from the window just in time before the dinosaur's  tail shatters the window. You lie down, protecting Ethan who you hold underneath you as the tip of the tail passes right over your head. Patrick screams and puts the brochure up for protection as glass flies into the room, reaching as far as where he was sitting. The dinosaur stomps away and you raise your head, watching as the dinosaur you've never seen before going somewhere else.

Your breathing is heavy and your heart beats hard against your chest. You look down at Ethan and  ask him if he's okay. He nods his head. You look back at Patrick and  see that he's curled up on the couch in a ball. "Patrick, are you okay?"  You inquire, failing to hold back the tears that start to stream down your cheeks.

He nods his head, his whole body shaking in terror.

You heave a sigh and rest your forehead against your son's head.

"S-S-See?" Patrick stammers as he sits up, "I-I told you this was a b-b-bad idea."

You glare back at him, not even bothering to respond to him because you know it's just going to  escalate things into an argument and an argument is the last thing you need right now. You pull your son closer to you as you look out the window (well, what's left of it) and see that the dinosaur is no longer  in sight.

"Why couldn't we have j-j-just stayed home? Done something there?" Your husband goes on to say, "At least there we wouldn't be at risk of dying."

"You can die anywhere, Patrick," You murmur, stroking your son's hair comfortingly.

"Yeah, but we're going to die here! And (Y/N), I don't want to die here!"

"And you think I do?"

"You were the one who wanted to come here..." He mutters under his breath as he averts his gaze away from you, redirecting it elsewhere in the room.

"You know, Patrick? I'm sorry," You snap, standing up. Your son looks up at you with eyes filled with fear. "I'm sorry I dragged us here. I'm sorry I wanted us to do something as a family. I'm sorry I tried to do something to save our marriage, save our family because you and I both know that things  haven't been the same lately. I'm sorry I'm not enough for you anymore and I'm sorry you're not happy. And I'm sorry I still love you even when it's pretty obvious that you don't love me anymore." You rush out of  the room, tears forming in your eyes as your brisk walk evolves into a  run, your desire to find a place to be by yourself intensifying the farther you distance yourself from Patrick.

*****

You make your way outside and see that there are thousands of people gathered together  where all the shops and stores are. The air is full of conversations, talking about what was going on, why they were there, all while an automated female voice is sounding through the speakers announcing the  park was going under a Phase One evacuation and that everyone should remain calm and go to main park.

You weave your way through the hoard of people before spotting Owen and some woman with red  hair. "Owen!" You scream, running over to him.

"(Y/N)!" He replies as he envelopes you in a tight, but brief hug. "Are you okay?" He asks, noticing the thin traces of blood on your face from the window shattering and hitting you at a high speed. You nod your head. "Where are your husband and your son?"

"They're back in the  hotel room," You answer him, though you honestly could care less (about  Patrick, at least), "What happened, though? I thought this park was  safe. I thought the dinosaurs were contained and under control. I mean, there was a dinosaur right outside our hotel room and it nearly killed  my son!"

"Oh no," The woman interjects, biting her lip, "This is bad. This is really bad. Really really bad."

"What? What is it?" Owen asks her.

She shakes her head, "Things got out of hand and we need everyone out of the park to handle  this." She pulls out a walkie-talkie and shouts into it, "Why aren't the  guests leaving? The guests aren't safe here! We need to get them off of  this island! Now!" And with that, she walks away, her high heels  clicking with each step she takes.

"I don't understand why  this is happening," Your brother mutters under his breath, running his  dirt-caked hand through his hair, "The dinosaurs don't usually act like this. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them act like this before. Ever."

"Are we going to get out of here alive?" You ask him worriedly.

"I-I hope so," is the only answer he can give you, and even then, he doesn't sound very confident. He scans the crowd of people briefly before turning towards  you, "Hey, um, I need to go. Do you want to stay here and wait for your  family to leave or do you want to come with me?"

"Can I come with you?"

"Yeah, I don't see why  not," He tells you, "Plus it'll be fun. You get to see what I work with.  You're not scared of dinosaurs, are you?" He teases you, elbowing you  in the arm. You punch him playfully on the shoulder before escaping in  the direction the woman disappeared.

To Be Continued...