[PATRICK/PETE] You're Pete's Sister

It's late at night and you're sitting in the dark living room, the only source of light coming from the television across the room from you, a re-run of Saturday Night Live on the screen.

Just as the show comes back from a commercial break and as you're about to pop another piece of popcorn in your mouth, the front door flies open. You look over and see your older brother, Pete, walk in, followed by his friends. They're  loud and annoying and you hate them when they're like this. Except maybe that Andy guy. He's alright, and that's only because he doesn't say anything.

"Oh my god, guys, that was so much fun!" Pete nearly shouts, bursting with excitement and forgetting that it's after midnight and your mom's already in bed.

"I know right!" His other friend, Joe, retorts just as loudly, slapping him on the back as they all stumble into the kitchen. "If only we could do that, like,  every day."

"One day, Joe, one day..."

You roll your eyes and return your attention to the TV. You almost can't hear the show as they pillage your cabinets and refrigerator, looking for things to eat and drink. This is usual for them, to come home after a show they'd play in someone's basement and be as loud and disruptive as they can. Yours and Pete's mom has resorted to putting in earplugs. As for you? Well, you're almost never in bed by the time they come back, so you just usually  rough it out.

"Hey there, little sis,"  You hear before an arm wraps around your neck and you feel a fist on your head, messing your hair up. You sit forward and look back to see Pete smiling down at you.

You glare in return, "Why must you keep doing that after I ask you time and time again not to?" You try and fix your messed up hair.

"Because I know it upsets you," He replies cheekily, climbing over the back of the couch and sitting down beside you. "Whatcha watching?" He takes the bowl of popcorn out of your lap and begins to eat it himself. He smells  horrible, sweat making his clothes stick to his skin and dripping from his hair. You scoff and stand up, going off to your bedroom. "Hey! Where are you going?"

Just as you reach the top of the steps and start down the hallway, you notice that the shower's on. You raise your eyebrow and retrace your steps to the  bathroom, where you press your ear against the door and listen to the  trickling of water and someone's muffled voice.

Who the hell is taking a shower at one in the morning? You think as you wrap your hand around the doorknob and turn it.

You push the door in and peer your head into the room, your eyes growing wide. Standing in the shower, their back to you and the glass door not very fogged up, is Patrick. His singing stops abruptly and he glances back over his  shoulder to see you. You take in a sharp breath and quickly close the  bathroom door, leaning against it and closing your eyes.

You hear the shower be turned off and a towel being yanked off of its rack. Seconds later, the door reopens and you spin around, seeing Patrick standing before you. His hair is slicked back and water droplets cling to his bare shoulders.

"Jesus, (Y/N), haven't  you ever heard of knocking?" He asks you, holding the towel tightly around his body and his cheeks growing a deep shade of red.

"I didn't know you were in there, Patrick!" You exclaim, failing to resist the urge to look down and almost immediately regretting it. You turn your head and avert your gaze upward. "Why are you even taking a shower at our house anyways? Couldn't it have waited until you got home?"

"I'm not going home tonight," He replies, awkwardly adjusting the towel, "I'm staying here."

You chuckle and cross your arms, "Oh, that's just wonderful."

"What? Do you not want me staying here?" Patrick retorts teasingly, the corner of his lip curling up as he starts to shorten the distance between the two of you.

"No, no I don't want you staying here," You reply playfully, a smile on your face.

"Why? You got a crush on me or something?" You both laugh as he walks you back into the wall across from the bathroom.

Before you can respond,  Pete comes upstairs and finds you and Patrick, barely inches away from  each other. He scoffs, "Really, Patrick? I know you've got a crush on her, but really?"

You look at the singer of your brother's band as his cheeks grow even redder and the smile fades from his face.

"She is my sister, you know," Pete reminds him before escaping to the bathroom and closing the door, only to reopen it seconds later and throw Patrick his clothes. "Here." He slams the door this time, leaving you and Patrick standing awkwardly in the hallway.

"Well, I-I'm going to go to my bedroom now," You stammer, pointing down the hallway.

He nods in understanding, tilting his head down to avoid your gaze.

You hesitate to leave  before forcing yourself to go to your room, closing the door behind you  and falling against it, your mind spinning.

Patrick has a crush on me?