[PATRICK] First She's Sour Then She's Sweet

It's around seven o'clock in the evening. You're out of the house, hanging out with your friend and Patrick's running around the house, looking for the five-almost-six-year-old who's trying to avoid taking her bath. As for your other child, the sixteen-year-old, he's upstairs on his phone  talking to a girl he met at school.

"You should come over to my place," The girl suggests provocatively, twirling a piece of her hair around her finger and biting her lip, "My parents are out and I'm feeling kinda lonely."

Ethan swallows the lump in his throat as he sits up in his bed, swinging his legs over the side, "When should I come over?"

"Be here in fifteen, okay? I'll leave the door unlocked for you. I'll be up in my room."

"O-Okay," Your son stammers, his heart beating against his chest.

"See you soon, Ethan," She  says before hanging up. Ethan stands up and tosses his phone onto his bed, leaving his bedroom. He turns his head to the right and sees his dad cross the hallway, going from one room into the other, screaming Gabby's name. He takes this opportunity and dashes downstairs, quickly grabbing his dad's car keys and heading for the door.

Just before he can leave, he hears a faint "Psst" from behind him.

He retraces his steps and peers into the living room, where, underneath the coffee table, he sees Gabby, lying on her stomach.

"What are you doing?" He asks her, letting out a laugh.

She puts her index finger up to her lips, "Shh! I'm hiding from Daddy!"

He rolls his eyes, "Of course you are."

Gabby notices the keys in her brother's hand, "Hey, where are you going?"

He looks down at the keys and chuckles nervously, "Oh, me? I-I'm just going out to...to, uh, meet up with a friend."

"What friend?"

"Um...Saint! Yeah, I-I'm  going to meet up with Saint." He meets his little sister's gaze and continues his lie, "Yeah, I'm picking him up and we're going to...to see a movie."

"Ooh!" Your daughter exclaims, climbing out of her hiding place and getting on her feet, "Can I come with?"

"No!" He doesn't hesitate to respond. Her face drops, making him feel bad. "You can't come because...because...because the movie we're seeing is R-rated! And you can't see R-Rated movies yet. You're too young."

"You can't even see them yet, Stupid," She retorts sassily, putting her hands on her hips, "How are you going to get in?"

"I have my ways, Gabby. Now go back to hiding or I'll tell Dad where you are."

She gasps and narrows her eyes in disbelief, "You wouldn't."

"Wanna bet?" He taunts. The five-year-old shakes her head no. "Good. Now go back to hiding."

"Fine. But I want you to tell me how the movie is!"

"I will when I come back! Now go!" He snaps at her, knowing he's wasting valuable time trying to answer her never-ending game of 20 Questions. She nods her head and runs away, going to find a new hiding place to ensure her dad never finds her. Ethan rolls his eyes and finally walks out, carefully closing the door behind him to avoid making any noise and leaving for  the girl's house.

*****

Gabby punches Patrick's back weakly and kicks his stomach as he holds her over his shoulder, marching her upstairs for her bath. "This isn't fair!" She screams, "How'd you find me!"