[PATRICK] His Ex-Wife Is A Problem 2

You and Patrick are locked at the lips, no space in between the two of you as you lie on the couch together. Your hands are clung to each other's bodies, refusing to let the other person go. The moment is intense, passionate, and the room around you is warm. Before you can strip one another of the last pieces of garment keeping the two of you from taking things to the next level, there's a heavy knock on the door.

Patrick pulls out of the embrace and heaves a sigh, turning his head in the direction of the door.

"What'd she do, speed here?" You mutter, dropping your head back on cushioned the arm rest.

The singer grins and leans down, giving you a quick kiss before lifting himself off of you and picking up his clothes from the floor. You sit up and begin to do the same, you and Patrick getting dressed as quickly as you can while making your way to the door. There, you're tucking in Patrick's shirt and he's fixing your hair.

"Are we good?" You question.

"We're good," He tells you, planting one more kiss on your cheek before opening the door.

Standing out on Patrick's doorstep, a small backpack slung over her arm and a small child standing by her feet, is Patrick's ex-wife. She looks nothing like you imagined her to be from all the stories Patrick's told you about her. Instead, she was absolutely gorgeous, and there isn't a mean wrinkle on her face.

"Daddy!" The small child you can only assume is Declan exclaims, clinging to Patrick's legs and tilting his head back to look up at him. The singer smiles and ruffles the kid's hair, earning a baby-tooth smile in return before the boy brushes past his dad and into the living room to play with his toys that are still strewn about the floor.

"Thanks, Patrick," Elisa grumbles, slipping her hands into the pockets of her pants.

"Any time," He replies as cordially as he can manage, his left hand finding his way to your right and wrapping around it. Elisa takes note of this and the smile on her face falters, but she makes sure to straighten it out as her eyes meet yours.

"I don't think we've met before," She says to you.

"This is (Y/N)," Patrick introduces you, looking over at you and giving your hand a slight squeeze, "My girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend, huh?" She comments, the one corner of her lip perking upward just a little bit more and her arms folding over her chest, "That's funny. I thought you told me you'd never find anyone better than me."

"That was a long time ago, Elisa," The singer reminds her coldly, returning his attention to her and releasing your hand.

"If you consider two weeks ago a long time," She mumbles under her breath, your eyes widening. She notices your reaction and gasps, clasping a hand over her mouth. "Oops. I wasn't supposed to say anything about that, was I?"

Patrick's hands clench into fists by his sides. "I think it's time for you to go, Elisa," He growls at her.

"Fine." She shrugs her shoulder and extends Declan's backpack out to Patrick. "I have somewhere to be anyways. Have fun playing house with your new girlfriend." She doesn't even give him the chance to take the bag into his possession before she lets go of it and turns away, marching back over to her car and getting in - not forgetting to slam the door behind her and rev the engine before backing out of the driveway and racing away.

Patrick rolls his eyes and snatches the backpack up from the ground, slamming the front door shut. "She's unbelievable," He murmurs with the shake of his head, looking at you and seeing the concerned expression on your face, "What's wrong?"

"You saw her two weeks ago?" You question him softly, your voice cracking.

The singer chuckles. "Of course not, (Y/N). She's just saying that to try to tear us apart." He slips his hands underneath your jawline and swipes his thumb across your cheek. "I mean it when I say I'm over her and you're the one I love. Okay? She's nothing to me."

"Really?"

"Really," He reassures you, leaning in and connecting his lips with yours. You grin into the kiss and snake your arms around him, pulling him closer. The moment the two of you share starts to grow more passionate, but unfortunately doesn't go very far when Patrick feels a tug on his pant leg. For the second time that night, he breaks away from you and glances down to see Declan at his feet. "Yeah, Dec?"

"Can I have ice cream?" The small boy asks, clasping his hands behind his back and swaying side to side, the biggest smile he can make on his face.

Patrick puts his hands on his hips. "Isn't it past your bedtime, mister?"

"Maybe..." He answers quietly, his cheeks growing a deep shade of red.

"Oh come on, Patrick," You playfully urge him, giving him a slight nudge in the arm and attracting his attention, "Give the poor kid a bowl of ice cream."

"But it's almost ten, (Y/N)," He whispers, "And besides, we just came back from dinner. Remember?"

"Yeah, but that was, like, an hour ago and I haven't had an ice cream sundae in a really long time."

"Ice cream sundae!?!" Declan interrupts you, "I want an ice cream sundae! Daddy, I want an ice cream sundae! Pleeeeeease!"

"Yeah, Patrick, pleeeeease," You mimic his son, pouting your lips out. Declan takes note of this and does the same.

Patrick - feeling overwhelmed and pressured - heaves a sigh. "I guess we can have ice cream sundaes."

"YAY!" You and Declan exclaim, Patrick's son escaping into the kitchen and you following after him. The singer crosses his arms over his chest and smirks, however, the expression on his face gradually changes to a frown.

He remembers when Elisa used to be like that, when she actually wanted to be a mother and a wife. He remembers when she truly loved him, when she told him that he was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. He remembers when suddenly, she didn't want to do those things, when she threw their vows in the trash and said she wanted nothing to do with him anymore.

He remembers meeting you that fateful night, and how all he was looking for was a distraction from the hurt he felt inside. He remembers taking you back to his place, and the night the two of you shared. He remembers the surprise he felt when he saw that you were still lying beside him the next morning, and the surprise he felt when your one-time thing turned into a several-time thing. He remembers asking you to be his girlfriend, and how difficult it was to make you say yes.

He remembers the mistake he made two weeks ago, answering Elisa's call and falling for her sobs and plead for him to come over. He remembers showing up there, and believing her when she said she wanted a second chance with him. He remembers the way she touched him, and the spark she sent from her finger tips through his skin. He remembers the night the two of them shared, and the guilt that weighed down on his chest the morning after lying beside her in her bed.

"Patrick," You call his name, snapping him out of the daze he'd fallen into. His eyes fix themselves upon you and Declan, standing in the threshold between the foyer and the kitchen.

"Sorry," He apologizes, forcing a smile on his face and approaching the two of you, "I was just thinking about something."

"Like what flavors of ice cream we're gonna choose?" You guess sarcastically.

"Or how many rainbow sprinkles we're gonna use?" Declan adds with just as much excitement, although his was genuine.

Patrick laughs nervously. "Y-Yeah, that's it. That's exactly it..."

To be continued...?