[PETE] One And Only - Part Three

Pete's eyes flutter open and he stretches his arms up over his head, looking over at the alarm clock on his nightstand. 1:54p.m. He groans and pulls himself up, dropping his jaw and letting out a long yawn. He swings his legs over the side of the bed and stands up, scratching his stomach as he walks out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" He exclaims, smacking a smile on his face and swinging around the wall into the living room where he expected you to be, "I'm all rested now. Are you sure you don't want to...do something or...go somewhere for our...anniversary?" He steps into the deserted living room and his eyebrow raises in suspicion. "(Y/N)?"

He walks over to the window and parts the blinds, seeing his neighbors standing outside his house on his lawn. "What the..." He lets go of the blinds and walks over to the front door, opening it and stepping outside. Everyone looks over at him, their seemingly meaningless chatter coming to an abrupt stop.

"Guys, what's going on?" He inquires as he steps out onto the porch.

"Stay away from us, Wentz," Billie warns as Pete takes another step closer to everyone, who in all turn take a step back. "You're sick. You're absolutely sick! I can't believe you would do something so...so horrible!"

"What? What happened? What's going on?" Your husband asks, starting to get angry because no one was telling him anything.

"How could you do that to her?" Chad yells at him.

Pete scoffs, "Do what to who? Guys, I don't know what's going on! Someone please tell me!"

"We're talking about how you beat up your wife, Pete," Gerard - a good friend of Pete's and next door neighbor - explains, putting his hands on his hips and glaring at your husband.

Pete laughs, a wide smile stretched across his face, "What? Are you crazy? Do you really think I would every touch (Y/N) like that?" He asks rhetorically, "Because I wouldn't. Not in a million years!"

"Then how come she came stumbling out of your house with bruises all over her body and blood dripping from her nose!?!" Tyler - another good friend of Pete's, but he lives a little ways down the street at the very end with his wife Jenna, they're a really nice couple who you and Pete would go out with sometimes - shouts at him.

Pete's eyes go wide.

"Pete, we all saw her. She was screaming bloody murder and she looked like she had just escaped a slasher film in the nick of time! What even happened between you two?"

"Guys, I don't know what you're talking about!" He cries, shaking his head and hands in frustration, "Nothing happened between (Y/N) and me! All that happened was that we just had a really nice breakfast that she made for me and then I went to take a nap! Everything was...Everything is going fine!"

"That's not what it looked like, Pete," Billie remarks, crossing his arms over his chest, "It looked like you abused her. And now she's scared of you."

Pete heaves a sigh, dropping his hands to his sides, "You've got to be kidding me. Where is she?"

"Like we'd tell you!" Chad snaps.

"Yeah, you're going nowhere near (Y/N). Not if we have something to do about it," Gerard adds, the men of the neighborhood creating a barrier between Pete and the road.

Your husband rolls his eyes and goes back inside, slamming the door behind him.

To Be Continued...?