[PATRICK] First Mother's Day

It's seven thirty in the morning and you're lying in bed, sound asleep. You're suddenly awoken by the sounds of loud whispers and hushed giggles. Your eyes pop open and you sit up.

"Shh, Gabby, you're going to wake Mommy and it'll ruin the surprise!" You hear your husband,  Patrick, warn your eight-month-old daughter.

Your daughter just giggles in response.

Right after that, your bedroom door opens to reveal Patrick and Gabby. The two of them are both  dressed in their pajamas. Patrick has a tray in his hands with breakfast set up on it, a vase with a flower included. And as for your daughter, she has a small black box in her hands.

"(Y/N). You're up," Patrick states, as if he was surprised to see you awake.

You sigh, "Yeah. You know I'm a light sleeper. What's the breakfast for?"

"It was supposed to be a  surprise breakfast in bed," Patrick explains to you as your daughter runs forward and tries to get up on the bed. You lean forward and pick her up, setting her in your lap and kissing her on the head.

Patrick walks into the  room and sets the tray down on one of the two nightstands. He joins you on the bed and you inquire, "But seriously, what's the breakfast for?  It's not my birthday...is it?"

"No, it's not your birthday. I know when your birthday is. But today's Mother's Day!" He tells you excitedly.

"Today's Mubber's Day!" Gabby repeats her father, or at least tries to.

You smile before what he said finally sinks in for you. "Wait, today's Mother's Day?"

"Yeah. The one day of the year to celebrate how great moms like you are."

"I totally forgot."

"Well good thing you  have us to remind you then, huh?" He replies with a little laugh, looking down at yours and his daughter and asking, "Why don't you give  her the present, Gabby?"

Your daughter extends her chubby little arms up and you take the box into your possession. You  open the box to see a beautiful heart locket. You blush and look over at your husband who's lying on his side, using his elbow for support.

"Open it," He urges, a grin stretching across his face.

You take the locket out of the box and set the box aside. Your daughter picks it up though and begins waving it around.

You have difficulty opening the locket but eventually open it all by yourself, refusing Patrick's assistance when he offered it. Inside the heart is a minuscule picture of you, Patrick, and your daughter from when she was first born. You clasp your hand over your mouth as tears of joy flood your  eyes.

"So do you like it?" Patrick questions.

You nod your head yes. "I love it."

"Gabby picked the locket out all by herself," He tells you, ruffling what little blonde hair your daughter has on her head.

"Well in that case,  thank you, Gabby," You say with a laugh before turning your daughter around and showering her face with kisses. She breaks into a fit of contagious laughter and unsuccessfully tries pushing you away.

"Hey, I-I picked the  picture and put it in there, don't I deserve kisses too?" Patrick adds playfully, acting as if he felt left out.

You giggle, "I guess you deserve some too, Patrick." You set your daughter down in front of you  before grabbing Patrick's face and showering him with kisses just like you did with your daughter. He laughs and so does Gabby.

He pulls away a few seconds in, "Stop! Stop! No more kisses!" You roll your eyes and put your daughter back in your lap, saving her from crawling off of the bed.

Once he gets his  breathing back under control, Patrick remarks, "So, (Y/N), what I was thinking was after your breakfast in bed, we should go to your mom's to  give them her gifts we bought for her and hang out a little. You know how she loves seeing us and Gabby. Then maybe what I thought we could do was some shopping or walking around town, kill some time before going to my mom's house for dinner."

"Sounds like a plan to me," You reply.

"Sweet. Now let's eat  this breakfast I woke up at six to make..." He rolls over and sits up,  getting the tray and setting it in between you and him.

*****

After eating the breakfast Patrick claimed to slave over, you agree to clean up the breakfast while Patrick cleans up your daughter, who got strawberry jam all over her face and pajamas.

He picks your daughter up and holds her high in the air, making flying noises as he runs out of the room. Your daughter, once again, laughs her head off.

You giggle and get out of bed yourself, picking up the tray and taking it downstairs. You put the plate and cups in the sink and set the vase aside. You quickly rinse the dishes before going back upstairs and getting ready to go out.

You're standing at the vanity in your bedroom, your head tilted down as you try to blindly clasp the two ends your newly acquired locket together behind your neck. Just as you're about to give up, you feel someone take the necklace out of your hands and help you put it on. You look in the mirror and see  Patrick standing behind you.

"Thanks," You say, the corner of your lip curling up.

"Thank you for being an amazing mother," He replies.

"I do my best," You humbly retort. He smiles and kisses you on the cheek. "Did you get Gabby all cleaned up?"

"Oh yeah. She's all cleaned up. Right now she's in her bedroom watching some stupid show on  Disney channel. The show she's watching ends in, like, twenty minutes and I thought maybe you and I could have a little alone time before we leave to go shopping." A sly smirk crawls onto his face as he slips his arms around your waist and shortens the distance between the two of you, leaning in and kissing you passionately on the lips.