[PATRICK] You Love Him More Than Me 2

It's later that night, the whole event at the restaurant having created a sort of divide between you and Patrick.

After walking out, leaving your boyfriend behind with a bittersweet kiss, you went home, opting to take a cab to leave the car the two of you drove there together in for Patrick. The singer didn't stay much longer at the restaurant, embarrassment twisting his stomach and warming the room around him. Upon leaving the eatery, he got in the car and - instead of going home after you - drove to the one place he knew the person he needed to speak with would be.

He pulls the car into the driveway, stepping out and closing the door behind him. He takes in a deep breath and shakes his nerves away, forcing himself forward and making his way up the walkway. He approaches the door and balls his hand into a fist, bringing it up and knocking on the wooden surface three times.

A few seconds pass before footsteps echo through the home and the door is pulled in.

"Patrick," The person who answers the door greets him, a smirk crawling onto their face as their eyes travel up and down the singer's body, "Someone's looking nice tonight." Patrick rolls his eyes and pushes his way into the house. "And is also very sassy. What's going on?"

"What's going on?" Patrick repeats them as they close the door and turn around to face him, "What's going on is that I proposed to (Y/N) and she said no because of you."

"Because of me? Why did she say no because of me?"

The singer chuckles. "Because of us, Pete! Because of you and me. She knows!"

The bassist's smile fades away, realization hitting him like a bag of bricks. "Well...did you tell her that it wasn't true?"

Patrick smacks his friend upside his head. "Of course I fucking tried to tell her it wasn't true, but she wouldn't believe me! She knows when I'm lying, man, she's not stupid. She even knows what we do when she's not home." He buries his fingers in his blonde hair and turns away from Pete, starting to pace nervously. "For fuck's sake, Pete, she fucking knows what we do!"

The older of the two's cheeks grow a faint shade of red. "That was a long time ago, Patrick, did you tell her that?"

The singer stops dead in his tracks, his head slowly turning to glance back at his band member standing behind him. "What, tell her that we fucked each other a little less than a month ago? That's not a long time ago, Pete!"

"She doesn't have to know how long 'a long time ago' is."

"Oh my god, Pete..."

He hangs his head, not knowing what to say to try and help his friend find a solution for this. "Pat, you knew this was going to happen when you started seeing her. I mean, you only started seeing her because you were angry at me for something I still don't even remember doing. She's your rebound you kept around longer than you should've."

Patrick scoffs. "Excuse me?"

"You only started seeing her to make me jealous!" Pete yells, his arrogance refusing to let him feel bad for what's happened, "You even told me that! So why the hell did you stay with her?"

"Because I love her and I want to be with her."

"You love her because she doesn't make the public harass you like they would if they found out about us," He argues, crossing his arms over his chest and shaking his head, "You love her because it's easier for you to have people thinking you're some perfect guy who doesn't do a damn thing in his life that would forbid from going to heaven. But guess what, Patrick? News flash: being gay isn't a sin!"

"I'm not gay!" The singer shouts, extending his arms out and shoving his friend away from him in a fit of anger, "God, Pete, just because you're gay and we've gotten together a few times, doesn't mean that I'm gay too."

Pete chuckles, anger building up inside of him. "Oh yes, Patrick, because you telling me when we're naked in bed together that you don't want to be with (Y/N) anymore because you just want to be with me, doesn't make you gay." Before Patrick can respond, he continues, "I don't even know what you were thinking proposing to her! It's not like you actually love her! Why would want to marry someone you don't actually love?"

"Because I do love her, Pete! I love her and I...I can't keep seeing you like this. I'm sorry." The animosity that has been growing in the singer subsides and is replaced with remorse. "I mean, we're best friends; band mates. We've got the world watching us and...and being together in the way you want us to be in...it's just not going to happen."

"The way I want us to be? Dude, you're the one-"

Just then, Patrick's cell phone starts to ring. Pete heaves an annoyed sigh as his friend sticks his hand into his pocket and extracts the vibrating device, seeing that it's a call from you. Patrick looks up at Pete and mouths that he has to take it, pressing the answer button and finding himself some privacy in the bassist's living room. He brings the phone up to his ear and asks, "(Y/N)?"

"Patrick," You murmur, sniffling with tears streaming down your cheeks, "I'm sorry about what I said at the restaurant. I...I didn't mean it."

"(Y/N), w-what are you-"

"Pete can come with us on our honeymoon, okay?" You interrupt him, "I don't care. I-I-I just want you home. I-I feel bad. I know he's your best friend and you guys just spend a lot of time together because you're in a band and all, but sometimes I just get paranoid that...that there's something more to your friendship than you lead on. But I know it's not true. I know you wouldn't do that kind of thing to me."

Patrick bites his lip, clutching onto the ends of his hair with his free hand.

"Please come home, Patrick," You plead in between sobs, "I...I love you. And I want to marry you, whether Pete's in our relationship or not. I want to say yes. I am saying yes. Just come home. I don't like this feeling."

The singer glances back over his shoulder to see that Pete's vanished from the front hallway, a heavy guilt weighing on his shoulders. He's torn between the two of you, knowing that he can't be with you both, and that he can't keep denying his feelings; lying to you, lying to Pete. He hates himself for the mess he's made, the mess he doesn't know how to clean up.

"Yeah," He mutters after a brief period of static on the line, "Yeah, I'll come home. Just unlock the door for me, will you?"

"Always," You reply before hanging up. Patrick ends the conversation on his end and puts the phone away, his cheeks warm as he stands in the empty room, the silence lingering in the air pressing down on him. 

He swallows the lump in his throat and makes his way to the front door, where he wraps his hand around the doorknob and looks back to see Pete sitting in the kitchen, his hands clasped together on the island's countertop and his head hung low. He meets Patrick's gaze and says dully, "Let me guess, it was her?"

"She was crying, Pete," He mumbles, "I-I have to go."

"Yeah, well, I've been crying too, Patrick, but you never come to comfort me." The bassist stands up and walks toward Patrick, as if to continue the conversation. However, instead, he retreats up the staircase, the heavy footsteps followed by a door slam.

To be continued...?