[PATRICK - RQ] Perfect Time

You're sitting on a blanket underneath an oversized umbrella that's protruding from the sand underneath and around you. The sun is high in the bright blue sky, warming up the beach you intended to spend the whole day at. A smile is on your face as you watch Patrick stand in the water, holding onto your three-year-old daughter so that she doesn't get swept away by the waves coming in.

It's not long before the lifeguard at the beach blows their whistle and tells everyone in the water to get out, explaining that the tide is getting too high for swimmers to be in. A collective groan passes over everyone as they unwillingly trudge back to shore.

Patrick walks up to you and sets your daughter down on the blanket you're on. She crawls over to you and climbs into your lap, her feet and legs wet but the rest of her small body dry. Patrick sits down in front of you.

"So much for teaching her how to swim," Your husband mumbles with a slight laugh.

"We can always come back another day," You suggest.

"I suppose," He agrees, "Besides, I think someone's starting to get a sunburn."

You glance down at your daughter and see her itching her starting-to-turn-pink skin.

"Yikes. Maybe it's time we go home," You smile sympathetically, "Are you okay with that, Gabby?"

She looks up at you and nods her head yes.

*****

Gabby is in the living room, watching her favorite TV show and trying her best not to wipe away the aloe Vera lotion on her skin. As for you and Patrick, the two of you are in the bathroom, cleaning up the mess from helping your daughter with her sunburn.

"You know, Gabby's three now," Patrick comments as he puts away the bottle of lotion in the medicine cabinet.

"Yeah...and?" You reply, cleaning up the wet floor with an old towel.

"She's just growing up so fast," He chuckles, closing the medicine cabinet door and turning around to face you. "I kind of miss when she was a baby."

"I don't," You say almost immediately, "I'm so glad she's not a baby anymore. No more diapers, no more staying up until two in the morning to try and get her to fall asleep..."

Patrick swallows the lump in his throat and lowers himself down onto the closed toilet seat, "But...it wasn't that bad. I mean, just think about all the good times we had with her. Like her first word, her first steps...the first time she told Pete to fuck off."

You sit back on your heels and look up at him, "What are you trying to get at, Patrick?"

He clasps his hands together in his lap and heaves a sigh, "I think I want another kid, Sam."

Your eyes grow wide, "You want another what?"

"I want another kid," He repeats himself, slipping off of the toilet seat and kneeling down in front of you, taking your hands in his, "I mean, I'm going to be home for a while since the band's taking a little break until we start on the next album...plus, Gabby's three years old and she's not getting any younger, and neither are we...it's the perfect time."

"I just...I..." You stammer, averting your gaze to your lap as your cheeks grow red, "I don't know, Patrick."

"What do you mean you don't know?" He inquires, his voice hush as he places his index and middle finger under your chin and tilting your head back so that you're looking at him, "Sam, come on. You don't want Gabby growing up an only child, do you?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then let's have another kid," He interrupts you, shaking your hands in his, "Like I said, it's the perfect time."

You bite your lip," You really think so?"

He nods his head, a bright, delighted look in his eyes.

You exhale softly, "You know...I've actually been thinking about the same thing. For a while now. And...although I'm not too excited about that disgusting baby food or all that weight I'm going to gain..." Patrick can't help but laugh, and neither can you. You calm yourself down and finish with, "I think I'm ready to try for another one too."

Patrick grins widely before leaning in and connecting his lips with yours, pushing you back into the side of the bathtub. You extend your leg out and kick the opened door shut for privacy, Patrick moving in between your legs. He slips his arms behind your back and pulls the two of you together, deepening the kiss as he starts to grind against you.

He breaks the kiss abruptly and gazes up into your eyes, "Should we take this to the bedroom?"

You shake your head no. "I want to do it in here."

"But Gabby's right down the hallway," He whispers worriedly.

"Patrick, we live in a fucking apartment for crying out loud. Taking it to the bedroom isn't going to make a difference."

"Speaking of that, we're probably going to need a bigger place if we have another kid..." He thinks aloud, surveying the small bathroom.

"Let's worry about that later, okay?" You run a hand through his hair, bringing his attention back to you, "Right now, let's just worry about me actually getting pregnant."

"You're so selfish," He remarks jokingly.

"And you talk too much," You reply before pulling him back in, shutting him up instantaneously.

Within minutes, the two of you have been stripped of your clothes and you're now sitting on the counter, your legs wrapped around Patrick, holding him inside of you while he kisses your neck. You fail to hold back a moan as the two of you release. He laughs and murmurs against your skin, "We definitely need a bigger house."

"One step at a time, Patrick," You retort a little breathlessly, the corner of your lip curling upward as you look into his bluish-green eyes, "One step at a time..."

Author's Note: This one was requested by ThatOne_ItalianDonna. Apologies it took me so long, and I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for (I'm not the greatest when it comes to writing smut), but I still hope you liked it! And if you didn't, I'm so sorry. -Rachael