[PETE/PATRICK] That Not-So-Cliche Imagine Where They Both Like You 2

You're folding yours and the guys' clothes in the apartment building's laundry room while Pete leans against the wall, doing something on his phone. "You won't believe what happened today after you left," You remark in an attempt to attract Pete's attention.

"What?" He replies, not looking up from whatever he's doing.

You set the clothes in the basket and say, "Patrick told me that he liked playing air hockey with me." You glance back at him, anticipating to meet his gaze, but see that he still has his eyes locked on his phone.

"Wait...what did you say?" He asks.

You heave a sigh. "I said that he said he liked playing air hockey with me." Your boyfriend finally looks up from his phone.

"And you said this was Patrick, correct?" He clarifies, slipping his phone into his jeans pocket and walking over to you. You nod your head yes, folding up one of his shirts. "You're kidding me."

"Nope. He literally said 'You know, I really like playing with you'."

"No...he didn't."

"He did! I swear!"

Pete laughs before picking you up and spinning you around in the air, setting you down and grinning widely. "I can't believe it! I thought he would never come around!"

"I know, right?"

He smiles that toothy grin you fell in love with the first time you saw him before pulling you into a passionate kiss. You wrap your arms around his neck and shorten the distance between you two.

Just as things start to get heated, the sound of someone clearing their throat rings in yours and Pete's ears. You both pull out of the kiss and notice Patrick standing in the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. You blush in embarrassment and turn away from Pete, going back to folding the clothes.

"H-Hey, Patrick," Pete greets, slipping his hands in his pockets as his cheeks grow red, "What's up?"

"Uh, I was just going to tell you that the guys are ready to go to the studio," He replies, leaning on the threshold of the doorway, "They're just waiting on us."

"Can I bring (Y/N)?" Pete inquires. You stop mid-fold and glance over your shoulder at the two of  them. "I've been dying to take her to the studio for a while now...you know, show her how we make our music. Plus, she's kind of been bugging me about it ever since we started dating."

"Pete!" You exclaim, dropping your jaw in astonishment, "That's not true!" He just winks at you, the corner of his lip perking up into a smirk.

Patrick meets your gaze for a short moment before returning his attention back to Pete. "Does she have to come? I mean...she looks pretty busy with the laundry." He motions over to you.

"Y-Yeah," You stammer in agreement as you pick up the basket up in your arms, "I've got a lot of things to do, anyways."

"You sure?" Pete questions, failing to hide the disappointment in his tone. You nod your head yes. He sighs and gives you a kiss on the cheek. "Fine. I'll see you later, babe."

You smile. "See ya."

He walks past Patrick and out of the laundry room. Patrick stays back a little before telling you, "Good game today," with a quick grin and following his friend out. You leave the laundry room shortly after them.

You make your way up to the guys' apartment and set the basket down on the ground to retrieve your set of keys, when you hear the floors at the end of the hall creak. You slowly look over and find Patrick standing at the end of the hallway.

You exhale in relief. "Oh my god, Patrick, you scared me," You say with a slight chuckle, slipping the key into the lock.

"Are...Are you sure you don't want to come?" He inquires, shoving his hands in the pockets of his black skinny jeans and starting to sway back and forth on the balls of his feet, "I mean, if you really want to come, you can. I won't mind...that much."

"Yeah, I'm sure." You turn the key and push the apartment door in. "Like I said, I've got some things to do, so..." Your voice trails off and you never finish your sentence.

"Alright then," He replies dejectedly, "Have fun doing...things." He scratches behind his neck before turning around and escaping into the staircase that leads out of the building and down to the parking lot, leaving you alone.

You stand there in a trance almost, trying to figure out what just happened. After a while, you shake your head and pick up the basket of clothes, walking into the apartment and chalking it up to be that maybe Patrick was having an off day.

It had to be. Why else would he be not rude or insensitive to you all of a sudden?

To be continued...