[PATRICK] You Tell Him You're Pregnant - Part One

You pace your bedroom, your heart pounding against your chest as you wait for the test results to come back. The seconds that tick by feel like minutes, and the minutes feel like hours.

Down the hallway and in the living room of the apartment you live in, with his friends working on a new song, is Patrick. Your boyfriend. The two of you haven't been together for a terribly long time, you're just about a year and half in.  You're nineteen and he's twenty, and what you're testing for...it's not  really something either of you have talked about. Are you ready? Is he? 

You look down at the white stick in your hands. Two perpendicular lines.

"Oh my god," You mumble, tears blurring your vision as you clasp your hand over your mouth.

You bite your quivering lip and try to calm yourself down, waving your hand like a fan, though you're not really sure why you're doing it. It's not like it's  accomplishing anything.

You lower yourself down onto the foot of the queen bed you and Patrick share, staring at the pregnancy test.

"Patrick!?!" You shout, your voice cracking.

"Yeah?" He calls back.

"C-Can you come here?" You stammer, tears streaming down your cheeks and the room growing warmer, as if someone turned the heat on.

You hear a muffled conversation as Patrick excuses himself from the brainstorming session the band is having and gets up. He walks into the bedroom hallway and pushes in the only door that's closed. The smile on his face fades as he sees you in your emotional state.

"(Y/N)..." He steps into the room and closes the door behind him, making his way over and sitting down beside you, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," You answer, your head tilted down and your gaze locked on your feet.

"Then why...why are you crying?" He inquires.

You swallow the lump that's formed in your throat and hand him the slim, white stick. He looks down at it and then back up at you.

"What's that?" He asks, his eyes wide.

"A pregnancy test," You answer, "A positive one."

"Is it...?"

You nod your head.

"And that means...?"

You gaze up into his bluish green eyes that are looking directly into your (eye color) ones.

"You're really...?"

"For fuck's sake, Patrick, yes!" You snap, laughing a little bit in a sad attempt to lighten the heavy mood that's fallen over the two of you.

"Oh my god," He breathes, hunching over and putting his head in his hands.

"Yeah," is all you can say.

Silence blankets over the two of you, the only sound the ticking of the clock  you have hanging on the wall above the bed. Even the guys have stopped  talking, and you assume they're standing outside your room with their  ears pressed against the door.

"What are we going to do?" Patrick mutters.

"I don't know."

"Are you going to...?" His voice trails off as he glances over at you, worry in his eyes.

"I don't know."

"You're not thinking about-"

"Patrick, I don't know!"  You cry, standing up, the tears you've suppressed spilling from your eyes once again. You sniffle, "Are you thinking about...?" It's your voice that fades away this time.

"...leaving you?" He finally finishes a sentence. You nod your head, your body starting to shake in fear. He heaves a sigh and averts his gaze to the side, "I  don't know."

"Patrick, please don't leave me," You croak, sobbing, "I don't want to do this alone."

"I just need some time to think about everything, (Y/N)," He says, never meeting your gaze before he stands up and walks out of the room.

As he pulls open the door, your suspicion is proven right, and he's met with his friends standing out in the hallway, looking at him in shock. Patrick shakes his head and breaks through them, leaving the room for good. The guys then look over at you and you turn away from them, not wanting them to see you like this.

"Cl-Close the door, please," You stutter, finding it harder and harder to breathe. Pete steps forward and grasps the doorknob, doing as you wished.

Once you hear the door click shut, you fall to your knees and lean against the foot of the bed, closing your eyes and hoping this is all some sick dream you're going to wake up from.

But you know it's not.

To Be Continued...