[PATRICK] Out Of Shape

You stagger in through the front door, sweat dripping down your face and drenching your clothes  and your chest rising up and down rapidly as you try to catch your  breath. You slam the door behind you, alarming Patrick - your boyfriend -  that you're home.

You just went out for a run with your neighbor who you've become friends with over the past few  years and you're exhausted. You feel like death.

"(Y/N)!" He exclaims, appearing from upstairs, a smile stretched across his face. You return his smile with a scowl, which doesn't affect his smile one bit. He walks down the stairs, "So, how was it?"

You roll your eyes and brush past him into the kitchen, where you yank open the fridge and scan the shelves for a bottle of water which you regret not bringing with you on the run.

You find a bottle and snatch it out, ripping the cap off and putting the bottle to your lips. You tilt your head back and down the water.

Patrick follows you and leans against the threshold in between the kitchen and front entryway, his arms crossed over his chest. "Oh come on, (Y/N), it couldn't have been that bad."

You glare over at him, "Do you even know me?"

He chuckles, "(Y/N), it was just a little run and you're making it sound like she made you take the stairs to the top of the Empire State Building five times."

"Patrick, I'm not like you," You remind him, slamming down the empty water bottle on the  countertop, its plastic crumpling upon impact. "I'm not healthy like you  are."

He approaches you and slips his hand underneath your sticky jawline in an endearing way. A  semi-disgusted look crosses his face and he quickly retracts his hand. You sigh. He shakes his head and asks you what he was going to in the first place, "Hon, do you think I was always like this?" He motions to his slender body, one you envied.

Your already red cheeks grow even redder as you hang your head and murmur, "No..."

"Exactly. It takes hard work and dedication, two things you happen to be very good at."

"Yeah but you needed to lose weight because of health problems," You retort, pushing past him, "I'm only trying to lose weight because...because..." Your voice falters off as you stop in your tracks.

"Because...?" He walks up behind you and slips his arms around your waist, pulling you into him.

You shake your head, "I don't know."

"Yeah you do. You're  just not telling me," He pouts and rests his head on your shoulder. "Why  does my beautiful girlfriend want to lose weight?"

You take in a deep breath before detaching yourself from him and turning around, "Because I'm not beautiful, Patrick. I mean, you think I am because you only see me like I'm some perfect person or something. But that's not who I see looking back at me in the mirror. And then I look at all the girls  drooling over you at your concerts or gigs on TV and...and some of them are just so thin and pretty!" You shake your hands in frustration, "I just want to be like them, Patrick!"

He crosses his arms and laughs, "Why would you want that?"

"Because they're perfect!"

He scoffs, "And you're not?"

"No, and that's why I want to lose weight. So I feel beautiful like those girls. So I see the perfect person you see in the mirror."

He frowns, "(Y/N)...you know I support you in everything that you do...but if you're losing weight for the wrong reasons then-"

"I'm not losing weight  for the wrong reasons," You cut him off, "The wrong reasons would be  losing weight for you or for someone else or because someone told me I  was fat and needed to. But I'm doing this for me, Patrick. I want to lose weight."

He sighs and puts his hands up in surrender, "Okay, (Y/N), okay." You smile appreciatively at  him. "So when's the next time you're going out for a run?" He changes  the subject slightly, "Maybe I'll join you."

You chuckle, "Oh, that? No. I'm not going running again for a loooooong time." You pat him on the shoulder, "I think I'm going to try portion control instead."

Patrick rolls his eyes, "Whatever will make you beautiful, (Y/N)."