[PETE - RQ] Twin Code

Requested by Rmstar01...

You're sitting in a concert venue's dressing room, watching as your twin brother, Patrick, and his friends converse excitedly. Tonight is the last night of their tour for their album, Take This To Your Grave, and you are lucky enough to have had the opportunity to tag along with them.

Being with the guys every day for the past few months has had its ups and downs, a major up being how your feelings towards Pete have grown stronger, as have his for you. The two of you have always liked each other. It started out with the two of you acting like you didn't, when in reality you did (a lot), but as time went on, the act kind of faded into nonexistence, and it was replaced with a new act. An act of secrecy.

You aren't going to lie, you find the side-eye glances and flirty banter thrilling. Your heart beats a little faster whenever you're around Pete and he's with the guys. Your cheeks grow warm whenever you think about him. And your nights are often left restless because he's constantly on your mind.

The door to the dressing room is opened and the stage manager pops their head in, "You guys are on in ten."

"Okay, thanks," Joe says, smiling at the man who was orchestrating this whole thing. The manager nods their head and closes the door.

"Well I guess we better get going," Patrick announces, standing up and brushing off his jeans for no reason.

The four guys all stand up and you do as well.

The five of you walk down the hallway, Pete trailing behind so that he can walk with you. He casually interlocks his fingers with yours and looks down at you, a smirk crawling onto his face, "So...tonight's our last show."

"I know," You reply, smiling up at him, "That means I'll have to go back to college."

"And I'll have to go back to living with your brother."

You giggle, "It's not as bad as it seems. I mean, after seventeen, eighteen years, you kind of get used to it."

Pete's smirk evolves into an almost ear-to-ear grin. "I don't know how you did it, Reanna."

"I don't either."

You don't notice it, but Patrick's staring at you out of the corner of his eye, his head turned back ever so slightly and his eyebrows furrowed together, his gaze locked on yours and Pete's entangled hands.

"When will I get to see you again?" Pete asks, his question muffled by the loud music blasting from the venue's speakers to kill time in between sets emanating from the stage door you were approaching.

"Let's not worry about that now," You retort, your voice a little louder than usual so that he can hear you. "Let's just worry about you putting on a great show."

"Will do," He winks at you before releasing your hand and joining his friends who are getting ready to step on. He slings his arm over Patrick's shoulders, whose head is still turned around, and says something to him you can't decipher. Patrick glances at him and then turns his attention forward, pushing the stage door in and disappearing behind it.

*****

It's after the concert and the bands on the tour are having a huge party. A mix of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages and munchies fill the fold-out tables pressed up against the wall. Loud music and conversations fill the air. You find yourself with Pete in a hallway that branches off from the main room, the two you leaning against the wall on one side, facing each other, a drink in your hands and the dim lighting hiding the blush in your cheeks.