[PATRICK] Too Much To Live For

You walk through the school hallways with your boyfriend, Patrick, his arm wrapped around your shoulders as you carry your textbooks in your arms. The two of you are smiling and laughing, enjoying each other's company like you always do, oblivious to the glares your peers are shooting your way.

Now, it's not that you don't notice them, because you do. Patrick is one of those guys in school that all the girls want to be with. He's nice, handsome, and he's got a killer singing voice that anyone can hear if they're passing through the halls fourth period (since that's when he has lounge, and instead of spending it in the senior cafeteria like everyone else, he hangs out in the music room, alone, singing songs he's writing for his band and playing the guitar to accompany his singing). You were just like the other girls, daydreaming about what it would be like if you were his girlfriend.

You never imagined it would happen, that's why it's called daydreaming, but it happened. It was nothing extravagant, all he did was come by your locker one Friday before school ended and asked you if you wanted to come to a basement show his band was having that night. You, without hesitation, agreed.

It wasn't long before the two of you started getting together as much as you could, and that eventually led to him asking you to be his girlfriend. Initially, you thought he was joking.

Patrick, the Patrick, wanted you to be his girlfriend.

But he was serious.

You had to say yes, and you did, and you've never been happier in your entire life. Neither has Patrick.

But you guys get so much shit for your relationship. Patrick's friends and band members harp on him for dating you, telling him that you're going to come in between him and the band some day and they don't want him choosing you when that time comes. Your friends are kind of the same way, complaining you spend too much time with him. And on top of that, all the girls at school call you a slut, a whore, any name you can think of, just because they're jealous and hope their words get in your head and make you break up with him.

But what they don't know is that you're pregnant, with Patrick's baby. It's not like anyone can tell, you haven't started to show. You're a month and three weeks in. The only people who know are you, Patrick, your parents, and your guidance counselor who doubles as the teacher for the class for teen moms that's similar to that of child development but more serious.

No matter how happy you make each other, you can't help but feel like the whole world is against you. That it hates you and wants to make your life miserable.

And today just further proved your hypothesis. As you and Patrick walk down the hallway, you hear someone shout, "GO KILL YOURSELF, (Y/N), YOU CUNT!" You and Patrick stop in your tracks, and so does everyone else. "YOU TOO, FAGTRICK!"

You and your boyfriend both look back and see the long hallway parted like the Red Sea, Taylor standing in the middle of it. She's terrorized you and Patrick the most since the two of you started dating, being Patrick's ex-girlfriend who used to be super sweet to him in hopes he'd date her again, but ever since he told her he was dating you, has been horrible, going out of her way to ensure that yours and Patrick's lives are miserable.

"AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, KILL THAT BABY OF YOURS TOO!" She tacks on, somehow not attracting any teacher's attention before storming away. Your eyes grow wide.

Gasps spread throughout the hallway as tears flood your eyes. Patrick shakes his head and ushers you down the hallway in the opposite direction Taylor went.

*****

The two of you are sitting underneath the bleachers, sitting across from each other on two flipped over garbage cans. Tears streak your cheeks and your taking in short, quick breaths.

"You know she's just saying that because she's jealous, right?" Patrick asks you.

You sniffle and wipe underneath your eyes, "I know. But still...it hurts."

Patrick leans forward and places his hand on your thigh comfortingly, "I know, but you've just got to remember to not take it seriously. She's just saying that to upset you. And besides, she's psycho, crazy."

You can't help but giggle, "You got that right." Patrick smiles and you smile too.

The smiles on your faces soon fade and a serious, intense feeling falls over the two of you. Patrick tilts his head down and bites his lip, "You wouldn't actually consider killing yourself, would you?" He looks up at you.

You shake your head no, holding your stomach and smirking, "No. I couldn't. I've got too much to live for."

The corners of his lips curl upward before he gets off of the garbage can and walks over to you, placing his fingers underneath your chin and tilting your head up to kiss you.